OT - 22 mag revolver?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

OT - 22 mag revolver?

Post by gcs »

I know Ruger used to make one in combo with a another 22LR cylinder, or was it the other way around?,lol

I've been out of the pistol business for awhile and kinda lost track of the models, Thanks.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Ruger Six Single:

Great little revolver!!! :D
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

I used to have a Taurus Tracker, in .22mag. Just a real tack driver and after replacing the springs it was fun for my son to shoot. Unfortunately, Taurus discontinued it about 2 years ago.
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cubrock »

Ruger did make a Single Six in .22 mag only for a few years back in the late 50s/early 60s. After that, many/most of the Single Sixes you see are .22 LR with auxiliary .22 mag cylinders. Really six of one and half dozen of the other. The bore is sized for the slightly larger .22 mag bullet diameter, but they usually give serviceable accuracy with .22 LR bullets. To get the best accuracy, you sometimes have to get an Acurizer tool from Paco so you can bump up the diameter of the .22 LR bullets slightly.

I have had several combo Single Sixes over the years and have seldom been without at least one. I currently have a stainless combo and one of their Mag only guns (which I have for sale on the Ruger Forum, by the way).
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

cubrock wrote:Ruger did make a Single Six in .22 mag only for a few years back in the late 50s/early 60s. After that, many/most of the Single Sixes you see are .22 LR with auxiliary .22 mag cylinders. Really six of one and half dozen of the other. The bore is sized for the slightly larger .22 mag bullet diameter, but they usually give serviceable accuracy with .22 LR bullets. To get the best accuracy, you sometimes have to get an Acurizer tool from Paco so you can bump up the diameter of the .22 LR bullets slightly.

I have had several combo Single Sixes over the years and have seldom been without at least one. I currently have a stainless combo and one of their Mag only guns (which I have for sale on the Ruger Forum, by the way).
My Dad had one of the 22 Mag. only versions...his pride and joy until it was stolen in the mid 70's. He replaced it with a Security Six but never got over the loss of his first revolver. A man is NAKED without at least one Single Six!
BruceB
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BruceB »

I've got two of them; a 9.5" and the 4.75". Both have their mag cylinders installed. Not sure where the LR cylinders have gotten to. The 9.5" is a great companion while bird hunting. Sort of a compact .22 rifle.
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

OK, I see Ruger looks like the best option, so now... What Bbl length do you all like?
I kinda like about 5", but not set on it.

Ysabel, that walnut grip looks nice, seems only the plastic grip is now available?
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cubrock »

gcs wrote:OK, I see Ruger looks like the best option, so now... What Bbl length do you all like?
I kinda like about 5", but not set on it.

Ysabel, that walnut grip looks nice, seems only the plastic grip is now available?
Both of mine are 6.5". I like it just fine, although the 5.5" is nice, too.

Where are you located? If you are in NC, I can cut you a deal on my OM .22 Mag only gun. :D
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

I love my Single Six. I have never used the Mag cylinder though. This gun is like a guided missile launcher and a favorite with the kids too.
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

Cubrock, I'm up in Long Island ,NY , the land of overly restrictive pistol permits, and even having fun is probably a violation.

I wouldn't know where to begin trying to get it on my permit if you drove up and gave it to me,lol

Thanks for the offer though.
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cubrock »

gcs wrote:Cubrock, I'm up in Long Island ,NY , the land of overly restrictive pistol permits, and even having fun is probably a violation.

I wouldn't know where to begin trying to get it on my permit if you drove up and gave it to me,lol

Thanks for the offer though.

I understand! Best of luck to you!
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Dave wrote: Image
I don't like "plowhandles", but I love stainless and I love Rugers. Where's the drool icon? :?
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Dave wrote:I love my Single Six. I have never used the Mag cylinder though. This gun is like a guided missile launcher and a favorite with the kids too.
Nice looking gun! Only problem with it is it has only two screws in the frame, not three! :wink: