Lunch for Tuesday !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Lunch for Tuesday !

Post by 6pt-sika »

Two rather large deer hearts I’ll dredge in eggs and flour then fry for lunch Tuesday !
BF997D3D-B09C-4FAF-B726-47384323DF36.jpeg
7E3804B4-6490-4950-B551-2BACDB3716C3.jpeg
B1E561FF-AB91-406B-ABD3-5726E4DC4820.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Lunch for Tuesday !

Post by gamekeeper »

Enjoy.... :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

A buddy's mom used to stuff deer hearts with chestnuts and braze them in a brandy sauce- boy was that good!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

GunnyMack wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:28 am A buddy's mom used to stuff deer hearts with chestnuts and braze them in a brandy sauce- boy was that good!
I'll see your tempting mention and raise you a recipe!

Apple Cider Venison stew

Ingredients
2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
4 tablespoons finely diced celery
2 pounds venison stew meat
3 cups apple cider
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
2 teaspoons salt
2 to 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into 1-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
2 medium apples, peeled, cored, & cut into chunks (about 2 cups)

In a medium skillet, melt the butter or heat the oil and sauté celery over medium heat until soft and beginning to brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Place celery in slow cooker, leaving remaining butter or oil in the skillet.
In the same skillet over high to medium high heat, quickly sear and brown the stew meat, turning each piece once or twice and placing meat into slow cooker as it is browned. Pour about 1/2 cup of the cider into the skillet. Bring to a boil and use the liquid to scrape up browned bits. In cooking parlance this is called a 'deglazing'. Place contents of skillet, remaining cider, and the rest of the ingredients into the slow cooker. Mix together and cover. Cook on low 8 to 10 hours or until meat is tender.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

My intention was to fry all the heart then take a picture , but the piglets in here ate it as quick as I cooked it ! I made fritters out of the left over seasoned flour and eggs . My fritters were consumed PDQ as well !
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

6 Point...I most always agree with you on the old guns..but....but....organ meat is nasty. ...nasty.....you must have an iron stomach. :D ---6
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Sixgun Sr wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:40 pm 6 Point...I most always agree with you on the old guns..but....but....organ meat is nasty. ...nasty.....you must have an iron stomach. :D ---6
The heart ain’t bad , but liver of anything I can’t do . My father loved beef liver and chicken livers but I never could stomach that stuff .
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

6pt-sika wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:31 am
Sixgun Sr wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:40 pm 6 Point...I most always agree with you on the old guns..but....but....organ meat is nasty. ...nasty.....you must have an iron stomach. :D ---6
The heart ain’t bad , but liver of anything I can’t do . My father loved beef liver and chicken livers but I never could stomach that stuff .
Yeah I'd rather eat the oil filet out of my truck!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

6pt-sika wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:31 am
Yeah I'd rather eat the oil filet out of my truck!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Oh come on guys, fresh deer liver, properly prepared is delicious. I always carry a gallon zip-lock just to be prepared to harvest that liver out of the gut pile. I went to the Wood Shed just this morning specifically to get me some chicken gizzards. They have livers too but I like the gizzards better.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS