The Last Mountain Gun

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

The Last Mountain Gun

Post by JimT »

This was the last one to leave the factory. It was not the last one made, but it was the last one out the door. Ken Jorgensen who then worked for S&W sent it to The Shootists for the raffle at The Shootist Holiday in 1997.

My late wife held the winning ticket!

I don't believe the gun has been fired since 1997, when she fired a couple cylinder-full through it. I know I have not had it out and looked at it in many years.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: The Last Mountain Gun

Post by AJMD429 »

Great gun and great memories for you. So glad you had a wonderful partner in life. Life is miserable without someone to share it's glory and help bear it's despair.

Thanks for posting.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

AJMD429 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:55 pm Great gun and great memories for you. So glad you had a wonderful partner in life. Life is miserable without someone to share it's glory and help bear it's despair.
Thank you. We had many adventures around the world, her and I. The day doesn't go by that I don't miss her. I am gonna have to take her gun out and shoot it. I think it would be therapeutic for me.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Jim …… Just curious about the Grips …. Those are not factory S&W, grips are they? The shape looks like Roper style grips to my eyes but maybe I'm demonstrating my lack of discernment.

Wm.

P.S. Twyla was a good soul …… her words of encouragement to me in the dark days 2008-9 lifted my spirits and gave me hope for better days ahead.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

wm wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:34 pm Jim …… Just curious about the Grips …. Those are not factory S&W, grips are they? The shape looks like Roper style grips to my eyes but maybe I'm demonstrating my lack of discernment.

Wm.

P.S. Twyla was a good soul …… her words of encouragement to me in the dark days 2008-9 lifted my spirits and gave me hope for better days ahead.
No .. the gun came from the factory with rubber finger-grooved grips. These are Blu Magnum grips ... by Tedd Adamovitch in Colorado Springs. He did the engraving on the gun also ... Her name and the date of the Shootists Holiday.

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

That is a nice looking gun. Hope you have a big smile on your face after shooting it.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost