Pac-Nor burns

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Pac-Nor burns

Post by mikld »

Sad news for custom/high end rifle shooters; Pac-Nor barrel mfg. burned Wednesday. From what I have read in local newspaper, total loss...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
wm
Senior Levergunner

Re: Pac-Nor burns

Post by wm »

I hope they were well insured and will rise again. Its a loss for our community of shooters but I am more concerned about the community and the families that relied on Pac Nor economically.

Wm
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Unfortunately, I didn't know how close they are to me, had I known I might have visited and perhaps got a tour. Several folks commented about all the sirens last Wednesday (big deal in a small town) but didn't find out it was a fire at Pac-Nor, just 3-4 miles from me. Even though most of the businesses in the are are small, family owned, they still support the community...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Mike Armstrong
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mike Armstrong »

A sad loss. I have two .30-40 barrels from them, one on a Ruger No. 1 and one on a Win 1885 Hi-wall action that was originally a .30-40 but was converted (???) to .30-06 with a WWII 03A3 barrel by some amateur. It never ejected .30-06 ctgs. reliably so I had Pac-Nor replace the barrel with a 26" of their manufacture and fit a proper rimmed extractor. A pleasure to shoot and even I can hit at 200 yards with it, using the Marbles tang sight.

Hope somebody will help the owner get this outfit back makin' barrels, and feel very sorry for him and his employees.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

They're rebuilding....http://pac-nor.com/... 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

So sorry to hear this. Always meant to look in when in Brookings. The Pac-Nor barrels I have had were outstanding.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Glad that they are rebuilding.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost