OT-Russian Nagant Revolver

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
DerekR
Levergunner 2.0

OT-Russian Nagant Revolver

Post by DerekR »

OK boys.....anybody ever played with one of these? I have a C&R License burning a hole in my pocket and they seem to be cheap enough. Anybody have any thoughts?
Derek aka "shootnfan"
Middle Tennessee

24 hours in a day.....24 beers in a case. Coincidense? I think not.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

They're actually a lot of fun. My Dad has a pretty extensive collection of Nagant revolvers. If you can find the ammo under $20 a box you're doing well. Accurate and comparable to the 32-20.

If you can find one of the earlier ones that hasn't been refinished by a arsenal it will bring a few more dollars. Souther Ohio Gun Dist. Has some target models on sale this month if I remember right.

Have fun!!

8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
DerekR
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DerekR »

I have read that someone might make a replacement cylinder that allows you to shoot .32acp in them. That would be a cheaper catridge to reload, I would think.
Derek aka "shootnfan"
Middle Tennessee

24 hours in a day.....24 beers in a case. Coincidense? I think not.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Century Arms has the .32ACP cyl. they're @ $50. I think. Been meaning to order one myself. I've got several boxes of .32s and nothing to shoot them out of.

From a collector's standpoint they're a bargin. You can put together a pretty good collection of dates and manufacturers for very little cash. About the last great WWII bargin I know of.

I think I'll pick up a couple more :D
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

The guy at the localshop shoots 32 h&r mags in them. So 32 S&W should work also. They seem to have plenty of steel in them to handle the pressure. They have the older czar ones and newer build ones up to WWII.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

I have one and decided to go the handloading route with it. Basically you get a set of Lee dies for using 32-20 brass and use that. You do need to do a simple modification to the recoil block (the part that cams forward with the cylinder from the breechface) - you need to mill some meterial off of this to allow for the 32-20's thicker rim.

Its a very easy modification and you can get a spare recoil block to keep in case you want to restore it.

This is an excellent way to get inexpensive ammo and it works very well - very accurate.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!