Multi-tasking

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rustolium
Levergunner 1.0

Multi-tasking

Post by Rustolium »

Anybody here have a Lee Hand press? I got mine in a day ago and love it so far. Been decapping brass while I peruse the forum and watch tv, my kind of multi-tasking! Now I just need a good general purpose load for plinking, hunting, whatever may come!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Yep, I got one. Have it mostly set up for loading .45 Colts in a very compact package. Now I just need to go out in the boonies for an extended stay to test it out.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

It was my Christmas present request, this past holiday - along with die sets for the .45-70, .30-30, .30-06, 6.5x55, & .44 Mag.

The load 'bout near broke Santa's back ! :wink: :mrgreen:
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

I picked one up back in '01. It was great for loading while traveling. Only had 50 rounds of brass and so each time I got to a range I ended up needing to load them up again. A pound of powder, a bunch of primers, a bunch of bullets and I was good to go. The handpress with carbide dies, a good primer seater and a dipper for powder is about as compact and handy a loading setup as one could ask for. If you combine it with one of Lee's speed dies it's even MORE compact. It'd not be my first choice as a main press, but they've got their uses. Sitting in the living room with the family while resizing brass is a good use of the tool. :)
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

That is what I started loading with many moons ago. Still have it but haven't used in a whilw. I did 308 and 30-30 with it worked fine.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
The Lewis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by The Lewis »

It's all I have for now and has been working great reloading .45 colt. Lately I've been raining .45acp brass at the range so need to consider something that will do more volume, which this hand press, unless your way faster than me, isn't so good for. It is great for the muti-tasking though ain't it. And for trips to the boonies... Enjoy it.
Molon Labe
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

I still have one I bought 15 years ago.Used it to reload 6.5x55, 308,7.62x39,7.62x54R and 45 autorim.I think the last time it was used was maybe 5 years ago. 8)
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

When I am in the office I get involved in a lot of teleconferences. Lately I've been muting the phone and depriming cases using the Lee Hand Press when I don't have to speak on them! :wink:

Multi-tasking is great! :D
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ysabel Kid wrote:When I am in the office I get involved in a lot of teleconferences. Lately I've been muting the phone and depriming cases using the Lee Hand Press when I don't have to speak on them! :wink:

That is s-o-o-o-o-o politically incorrect. Love it!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

AJMD429 wrote:
Ysabel Kid wrote:When I am in the office I get involved in a lot of teleconferences. Lately I've been muting the phone and depriming cases using the Lee Hand Press when I don't have to speak on them! :wink:

That is s-o-o-o-o-o politically incorrect. Love it!
That's me! The only "PC" I do is using my personal computer!!! :wink:
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

For small batches, or load development, they're the way to go!
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1