Jeff Quinn with the BHA 460 S&W levergun

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Jeff Quinn with the BHA 460 S&W levergun

Post by AJMD429 »

He notes [...repeatedly...] that the short 454 Casull/45 Colt rounds "cycle, but not as smoothly" in the model chambered for 460 S&W. Not sure why you'd shoot the shorter cartridges other than if you were out of 460's and happened to have your Casull revolver with you. They do make a model specifically for the 454 Casull for those who don't care to have the option of 460 S&W.

https://youtu.be/aF5e6XXaDn0
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Jeff Quinn with the BHA 460 S&W levergun

Post by Les Staley »

My BHA 460 won't cycle 454 or 45 Colt thru the action. Single loading is ok.
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Jeff Quinn with the BHA 460 S&W levergun

Post by AJMD429 »

Yeah, it's one thing to get a 454 Casull to cycle 45 Colt, or a 44 Mag to cycle 44 Special, but the 460 S&W round is WAY longer than the shorter 'compatible' rounds. Kind of like expecting a 44 Mag to cycle in a 444 Marlin...!

At least Jeff Quinn knows how to hold a levergun; seeing Hickock45 with his fingers over the bottom of the lever instead of through the lever, made me wince... :shock: :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "