OT - Scope options for 22H Handi-Rifle

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

OT - Scope options for 22H Handi-Rifle

Post by awp101 »

I need to put glass on my new to me 22H Handi-Rifle.

Paper punching and maybe a little small bore silhouette, something variable with a max power of 12-14X.

Inexpensive (not cheap ;)) would be nice as well.

Thanks! :D
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Take a look at the Simmons Pro hunter scope. good scope for the money, not sure how high they go up though.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

My Hornet's not a Handi, but the Leupold 2-7x28 Compact on it is more than enough to handle anything, out to as far as I'm likely to shoot at with it.
Last edited by Pete44ru on Fri May 02, 2008 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

Pete is right on the money, a 2x7 compact is what I have on my CZ and it
is sweet. Mine being a Burris, and Burris now has the Timberline series out
for folks who don't want to break the bank, about $150.00.

But if you get a leupey you will definitely not regret it, scopes are one of those
things that you almost always get what you pay for.
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Funny, how great minds think alike - My Hornet's a CZ, also. 8)

I bought my Leupold used for $125, over 10 years ago - but, shucks, brandy-new ones are only $220 today:

http://www.swfa.com/pc-3622-89-leupold- ... scope.aspx
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I find a 4X is plenty of power for the Hornet. I must be in the minority on scope sights though. Every gun I see has a scope with a tube bigger than a 105mm howitzer. Makes no sense to me.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

You might consider a 3x9 Nikon Prostaff. I have three of these now and absolutely love em. $150. The optics are the best for the $$ hands down IMHO.

If you really want the higher magnification capability, then I'd look at a Weaver.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
rock-steady
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rock-steady »

I put a Weaver K6 on my HandiHornet. 6x magnification is plenty for a 200yd shot on a crow. I use Hogddon Lil'Gun and remington 45gr SP's for my all-around utility load. I checked my zero the other day. I shot a 3shot group at 200yds that measured .664". Dead center of the bullseye!Not bad at all. :o
AndyM
Levergunner 3.0

Post by AndyM »

I own more Leupold 2-7x32's than any other scope - so that is always my first choice - although the last scope I purchased was Bushnell Trophy 3-9x40 for a Ruger 10/22 - I wanted alittle more at the top end for load ammo testing and punching paper. I have owned a few Bushnell Trophy's in the past and always found them reasonable qualilty for the price.

My Ruger 77/22 hornet I have is loaded with Lil'Gun and 40 gr V-max's and wears a Simmons Atec 2.8x10 - this gun puts a whoopin' on a groundhog when it gets the chance too :P
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid" - Han Solo, Star Wars...
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Hobie wrote:I find a 4X is plenty of power for the Hornet. I must be in the minority on scope sights though. Every gun I see has a scope with a tube bigger than a 105mm howitzer. Makes no sense to me.
In my case, I prefer to crank the magnification after shooting a group since my eyes ain't the best and I don't always want to wait for a cease fire to see how I did.

Thanks for the advice so far, anyone have any experience with Barska?
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

awp101 wrote:
Hobie wrote:I find a 4X is plenty of power for the Hornet. I must be in the minority on scope sights though. Every gun I see has a scope with a tube bigger than a 105mm howitzer. Makes no sense to me.
In my case, I prefer to crank the magnification after shooting a group since my eyes ain't the best and I don't always want to wait for a cease fire to see how I did.

Thanks for the advice so far, anyone have any experience with Barska?
Told you I was in the minority. :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson