"Cowboy Up" -- The Marlin Way!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

"Cowboy Up" -- The Marlin Way!

Post by Old No7 »

This is my version of how you "Cowboy Up"...

Back in the summer, I'd posted a story about "3 Cowboys..." and I included a pix of the Marlin Cowboys that I'd acquired. Some folks here or on another Marlin Forum suggested that I also needed to get the .32 Mag, .41 Mag, .45 Colt and .45-70 versions to complete my collection... Well, nice try...

But yes, I DO have a touch of the Marlinitis-Cowboyrundum, I'll admit that; but I've also got a touch of single-shotitis, top-breakitis and I own a boat too (where I suffer from two-footitis -- always wanting one a little longer), so the other Marlins aren't in my future.

A longer 38/357 to match the others was always in the back of my mind, and I just picked this one up:

Marlin 1894 CB 357 01 (Medium).jpg

The 24" one on top came with a Lyman 17A on the front, and while I don't have those on my other Cowboys, I think I'll leave it on there for now and see how she works out. Down in the cellar, when sighted against the bulls-eyes or deer "targets" that are randomly placed around on the walls (does anyone else do "that"?), I'm really liking the sight picture a lot! We'll see how well it works at the range.

I did swap the two stock sets, to keep the checkered wood on my 24" CB, just like my other CB's, and I've heard that many cowboy-action shooters much prefer the smooth stocks. So now I'll have to sell off the 20" Cowboy after the holidays (and it's OK to send me a PM if you might be interested...)

Anyway, that's my cowboy story for today, except I do need to add "this" for JReed and the Ysabel Kid... :wink:

Marlin 1894 CB 357 02 (Small).jpg

Tight groups. And Merry Christmas to all -- and to all a new levergun! *

Old No7

* Or buy mine "used"...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: "Cowboy Up" -- The Marlin Way!

Post by gamekeeper »

I've always favoured Cowboying up, and that looks like a good way to go, the moccasins are a nice touch too....... :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Nice rifles No. 7, I have one in 45-70 and love it. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I'm not into Marlins that much... but I still have the Project Cowboy in 45 Colt that's been re-timed to run the Cowboy45Special of Adirondack Jack fame. Sometime after winning the Lotto, I'll get the metal refinished! I'm wantin' to take it hog huntin'!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I have a nephew in Florida that is looking for one for his daughter. When you price it I'll call him, they want a .357 carbine to carry on a saddle
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

nice iron cowboy!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Looks nice.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
winchester1886
Levergunner 2.0

Post by winchester1886 »

Never been a MARLIN man, except for my 39A, but must say the old 1893 and 1895 are just beautiful looking rifles, would love to have one of each. WINCHESTER1886.