Pic?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Pic?

Post by Les Staley »

anyone have any luck with post image.org? If so, I need someone to walk me thru step by step..thanks
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Pic?

Post by Pitchy »

I just joined there, ok after ya register hit the upload button, a box will appear with three choices choose default if ya haven`t created another album.
Then in the next drop down list choose 640x480 message boards.
Them click on choose images and upload the picture, once ya have the picture uploaded click on it and then click on share above and to the left.
You will see a list of links, click on the box on the right of hot link for forums and will copy the link then paste that into your post on the forums.
Only problem I`ve found is ya can`t edit your picture.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

Thanks, Pitchy, I'll give it a whirl. I pad, right?

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I was born this way.
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

on my I pad when I click on the box to the right of hot link for forums, it says I have to copy the stuff by hand. I tried select all and copy, but it tells me it was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the url you entered is correct. Am I doing something wrong?

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I was born this way.
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

[imImage[/img]

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I was born this way.
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

Cool! Thanks Pitchy! First pic I've been able to share with you guys in months, since Photobucket pooped on us. This buck I killed on Black Friday 2014 chasing another buck and a hot doe. I must have made that other bucks day, if I was reading the situation right.

I'm gonna keep your instructions on a piece of paper and he ole fashion way right next to my I pad.

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I was born this way.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Pics to be uploaded to postimage.org should not be uploaded before the postimage uploader has been set to resize any pics uploaded.

To set up the postimage re-sizer:

1) Go to the postimage page titled "Post your images here"

2) In the middle of the page are 3 drop-down boxes - work with the middle box, which has the postimage default size visible ("do not resize my image").

3) At the RH end of that drop-down box, if you click on the downward arrow located there, a list of sizes will appear - click on the desired re-size.

note: pixel sizes 360x240, 640x480, and 800x600 arr appropriate for most forum posting.

4) Below the 3 drop-down boxes, click on the "choose images" button, to browse your computer for the desired pics, and upload them.

After your pic(s) are uploaded, click on the "my images" button located toward the RH end of the upper taskbar, near the name you used to register on postimage.

That should bring you to a page that has only one of your pics visible, and that pic will be labelled "default".

Just click on the default pic to see ALL your uploaded pics.

To grab a pic for posting:

1) double left click on the selected pic to isolate it from the herd,.

2) Once the pic's isolated, right click on it to open an action window.

3) At the bottom of the action window, left click on "properties" - which will take your to the 2nd page of the action window.

4) On that 2nd page look for "Address (URL)", which should look something like this: https://s26.postimg.org/4vevv2lix/Avatar.jpg (this is one of my avatars)

5) With your mouse, "sweep" the address, from "https" to "jpg" via starting at one end of the address, and holding the left click down while sweeping - the address should become highlighted, if done properly.

6) While the address is highlighted, with your cursor on the highlighted address, right click and choose "copy" - then "X" out of the action window.

Go to your forum post in which you wish to show pics.

In your forum post, left click where you want the pic address to appear, then right click & choose "paste".

You've now moved the pic's URL/address from postimage to your forum post.

You're not quite done, yet.

In your post, IMMEDIATELY at the forward end of the pasted address, type in: [img] without any space between the square bracket and the "https" end of tha address.

You should see this: [img]https://s26.postimg.org/4vevv2lix/Avatar.jpg

Then, at the tail end of the pasted address, (also w/o any space between), type the same [img], with the addition of a "/" between the "[" and the "img".

Now, you ARE done, except for finishing your forum post.

If you "stack" the pic address' in your post, they will be easier for everybody to see - if you place them side-by-side, it will be difficult for everybody viewing them.

Your pic(s) should propagate (display) after the post is "submitted".

I hope that helps you (and others), Les.

Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

Pete44ru, thank you for taking the time to help another old coot. I don't have a mouse, as I'm working with an I pad. Pitchy's instructions got me one picture posted. Had to try it a couple of times, and it seems like I'll eventually catch on. I'll try a few more tomorrow when I'm a little fresher.

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I was born this way.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Glad ya got it going, I`m using a lap top with a mouse so prob a little different. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

[imgImage[/img]

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I was born this way.
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

I bought 11 acres at the end of the road here in Idaho a couple years back. Just for parking trailers, and other misc. frozen assets. Gated the only road in at the property line for security (?). Got pics of elk, deer, turkeys, coyotes, bear and one trespasser last fall. I IDed the guy and had a chat with him. Hope this little bull returns in October..

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I was born this way.