Projects

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Projects

Post by hondo1892 »

Been away for awhile and lurking around some traditional archery forums. Got a Grizzly, Bear recurve on the way and trying to figure out some stuff. I thought I would have some spending money because I'm close to getting a fowler done for a customer and my daughter informed me her jeep was having mechanical issues and she owes the university she's been attending has informed her she still owes them $1700 for something. No one can explain what she owes for but she owes them. So mom and dad get to fork out some bucks we didn't know about. Any how here are three flinters I have on my bench right now. The middle one I need to get finished for a customer so maybe he can use it for part of turkey season. It's a twenty gauge that has been jugged choked with a 46" tube. I put a rear sight on it like a rifle since it will be used for turkeys mainly. I am also going to make a rifle trigger guard for it also. It will end up looking more like a rifle than a fowler when finished. The rifle is a speck rifle that I've been working on for several months along with the pistol for my daughter. The rifle has a 47" barrel in .50 and the pistol is a .45, don't remember the barrel length. Now I need to get some knives done to pay for my archery equipment.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Projects

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

It's my living, not a very profitable but very enjoyable. I don't have a web page but if you go to contemporary makers blog and do a search on Brian Barker you can see lots of my work.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

You do some great work!! please let us see them when finished!

Brad
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Great work friend. There was a time in American history when the gunmaker was one of the most important people in a town and his pay reflected it. Now days it is a specialty only enjoyed by a few who can appreciate the skils involved and can afford the price.
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

There was a time when a rifle was a once or twice in a lifetime investment for many people. The work and care that went into constructing a single rifle demanded relatively high prices and even the plainest rifles were usually works of art in their construction and fitting.

PM me if you want some advice on a website. You should have one, and it can be done pretty easily and cheaply.
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

7.62 thanks for the offer. I may take you up on it if I can get back to feeling ok. My breathing was really bad last year and its been ok but not back to normal yet. I have been getting enough work to keep me as busy as I want so for now.