E.M.F. Sharps 45-70

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

E.M.F. Sharps 45-70

Post by jkbrea »

Is $600 a good deal for a EMF Sharps 45-70. I don't know what model it is yet. Seller bought it years ago and says he is the second owner and has fired 20 rounds out of it. He puts it at 90% with minor safe marks. I always liked Sharps rifles but don't know much about them other than real ones are way out of my price range.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: E.M.F. Sharps 45-70

Post by Sixgun »

While I don't follow that brand, one thing for sure....$600 don't buy much anymore...maybe a plastic Glock. It's worth looking into and ask for a shooting guarantee. At that price, your not "spending" money as you can always get it back.-----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

jkbrea wrote:Is $600 a good deal for a EMF Sharps 45-70. I don't know what model it is yet. Seller bought it years ago and says he is the second owner and has fired 20 rounds out of it. He puts it at 90% with minor safe marks. I always liked Sharps rifles but don't know much about them other than real ones are way out of my price range.
They had some clunkers made by ASM, IIRC, but their early one were by Pedersoli, which were good; find out the maker before you buy. At the very least be sure to get a 3 day inspection period, get to shoot it BEFORE you buy.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

From what I heard and read on-line, EMF was made by Pedretti, which was/is (??) low end. Should say on the barrel who made it. Or, at least the ones that I saw were so stamped.

Pedretti made M1874's for several others, including IAB. A Fellow Shooter once had a Pedretti-IAB 1874 Sharps clone and he claimed that IAB really means "It Always Breaks."

To me, US$600.00 sounds high, especially since you do not know what you are looking at. I would also ask around on the cowboy action shooting sites.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

Thanks for the advice. I passed on it. He even said it wasn't " the good one". Like they they, "If it sounds too good to be true..."
rond
Levergunner

Post by rond »

I have one made by Pedersoli, EMF was the importer. It is a very well made replica and shoots great. New ones are still inported and range from $1200-$2200 depending on modle. If it's a Davide Pedersoli $600 would be a steal.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

rond wrote:I have one made by Pedersoli, EMF was the importer. It is a very well made replica and shoots great. New ones are still inported and range from $1200-$2200 depending on modle. If it's a Davide Pedersoli $600 would be a steal.
I talked to the owner. Its not a Pedersoli . I'll give you $600 for yours! :lol:
rond
Levergunner

Post by rond »

jkbrea wrote:
rond wrote:I have one made by Pedersoli, EMF was the importer. It is a very well made replica and shoots great. New ones are still inported and range from $1200-$2200 depending on modle. If it's a Davide Pedersoli $600 would be a steal.
I talked to the owner. Its not a Pedersoli . I'll give you $600 for yours! :lol:
No, that would be stealing. :lol: