8000 unpublished WWII photos found

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

8000 unpublished WWII photos found

Post by Ben_Rumson »

"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: 8000 unpublished WWII photos found

Post by Sixgun »

Very cool Ben......it's a nasty rainy day here in Pa. and I could think of a better way to spend it than viewing historical photos...thanks----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I watched that about a week ago, very well done I thought. Interesting guy and a great story.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Yep, If you have HBO watch the documentary UNDERFIRE
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

3 Uncles survived WWII, one a pilot who flew out of 7 mile drone and Fiji. Another one was an infantryman with the 2nd Armored Division. Yes, armored divisions have infantry with them to do the fighting and white/mine/tank trap clearing that the tanks can't do. That Uncle saw the battle of El Alamein, and everything else up to the time he accepted being ordered to rotate home. He missed the Battle of the Bulge. He had given his points to the married men so that they could go home on at least 10 occasions. He didn't talk much about it, except to the other old soldiers who had been there. Based on what he must have gone through, awarded 1 Silver Star 5 Bronze Stars with V device 3 or 4 Purple Hearts, I fully understand why my Uncle didn't want anyone else to have to go through that. I understand Tony Vaccaro becoming a pacifist afterward. Those pictures are a priceless treasure.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost