How to celebrate

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

How to celebrate

Post by GunnyMack »

So I'm on the fence as to how to celebrate our WIN.
Of course this means I have to buy a gun, but what...
Was thinking about another Henry. Maybe a 357.
Or a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmore
Or a 9mm AR carbine from PSA...
I just can't decide so let's have another vote!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Re: How to celebrate

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

The Ruger precision rifle is selling as fast as they can build them. I would love to own one.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I been thinking about an Officer-sized 1911 of some flavor....Perhaps, a RIA in 9mm..... :idea:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Depends on how old you are......if your semi old (like me) or old, buy what suits your fancy. Young guys to middle aged need to buy quality collector guns for future investment so when you do get semi old or old you can buy whatever you want.

The last couple of years I've been buying up quality AR's and other nice WW2 stuff.----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Come January there are instituting background checks here for ammo and components. I'm not buying any now or then as it feeds the coffers of the idiots that run this state.

In preparation for this idiocy, I am moving most of my firearms and equipment out of state. I will maintain enough here for emergencies and pick up what I need on my way anywhere from my out of state location. I won't use any of my emergency stash unless it is an emergency so I won't need to buy anything here in the near or long term future.

I like most of what California represents. It's got a great climate, and the ocean is wonderful. But, the wife and I are planning on leaving when we retire in a few years.

Frankly there are just to many fools who will vote for things they don't understand, and for people they won't vet.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well, I'm closer to 50 then 40, so I still an not sure what I am... I think like a kid but feel like I'm old( some days)
I really like the Ruger, but do I NEED it? Not really. I do like the 6.5 Creedmore though.
Not a big fan of 9mm, but an AR carbine could be a bunch of fun.
Another Henry could be fun but again do I really need it, nope...
Maybe I should keep thinking & looking.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by Mainehunter »

Ha! I was thinking the same way :lol: I ended up putting on layaway a Ruger M77 MKII in 7.62X39 that I was eyeing on for some time. Hopefully at the end of the month I can finish paying it off. As for the Ruger Precision I finally picked mine up a few weeks ago but haven't had a chance to try it out, just too busy :oops: . It's the Gen2 version in 6.5 Creedmore. I had a chance to shoot the 243 Win. and 308 Win. version that my friend picked up and all I have to say is WOW!!! :shock: Too bad they stop making the 243 Win. just didn't sell well but I've been hearing Ruger has a long action prototype built for testing but don't know what caliber.

Mainehunter :wink:
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

GunnyMack wrote:Well, I'm closer to 50 then 40, so I still an not sure what I am... I think like a kid but feel like I'm old( some days)
I really like the Ruger, but do I NEED it? Not really. I do like the 6.5 Creedmore though.
Not a big fan of 9mm, but an AR carbine could be a bunch of fun.
Another Henry could be fun but again do I really need it, nope...
Maybe I should keep thinking & looking.
I laughed when my friend told me but he bought that hi point 9mm carbine but for $250 bucks, it didn't suck.
I am a big fan of 9mm so I've procrastinating on a Sig MPX but I keep coming back to why as well...
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey! I just remembered a model 70 (post64) 308 collecting dust... Maybe time for a rebarrel, new stock and glass instead of buying new!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I've been wanting a new Ruger Blackhawk convertible .45, but thanks to my health and obummer no way can I afford it. Hell, we can't even put tires on the Pathfinder and it needs them.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Funny how these things come up. Got a call about 1 to take a ride up to see the preview for an auction. Drove up the 15 miles and it looks like a Winchester Mod. 57, a dewat 1928 Thompsom, Remington 141 pump in 35 and a Colt Lightning rifle in .22 will most likely follow me home on Sat. Sure is fun to be retired.----6

arjunky
Levergunner 3.0

Post by arjunky »

Sixgun wrote:Funny how these things come up. Got a call about 1 to take a ride up to see the preview for an auction. Drove up the 15 miles and it looks like a Winchester Mod. 57, a dewat 1928 Thompsom, Remington 141 pump in 35 and a Colt Lightning rifle in .22 will most likely follow me home on Sat. Sure is fun to be retired.----6
Just trying to be nice, pretty sure retired=old, not semi-old, ok oldish for you Six. :twisted: Thanks for PA too!!!
Byron
spaceman spiff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by spaceman spiff »

My "new" Winchester model 54 chambered in .30 WCF :D :D :D :D

spaceman
I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.

Benjamin Franklin
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

arjunky wrote:
Sixgun wrote:Funny how these things come up. Got a call about 1 to take a ride up to see the preview for an auction. Drove up the 15 miles and it looks like a Winchester Mod. 57, a dewat 1928 Thompsom, Remington 141 pump in 35 and a Colt Lightning rifle in .22 will most likely follow me home on Sat. Sure is fun to be retired.----6
Just trying to be nice, pretty sure retired=old, not semi-old, ok oldish for you Six. :twisted: Thanks for PA too!!!
Byron

Byron,
Where you be hiden'? :D Hey! Are they rioting up in your neck of the woods? (I know the answer.... plenty of ground to hide them in.)
You keep workin', you hear? My check came in yesterday. Thank you!----6

arjunky
Levergunner 3.0

Post by arjunky »

Your welcome :D Just the pipeline the "Native Americans" have issues with :roll: Not on their "Land" but we've had Jesse Jackson and what's her name from Hunger Games blowin smoke. :shock:
Byron
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

I just pulled the trigger on a new deer rifle. Tikka T3 hunter in 6.5-55. I built a Turk Mauser into a 6.5-55 about five years back for my grandson. He's killed several deer at 270 plus yards and last week a 37" Bull Moose here in north Idaho. The load for Bullwinkle was a 140 gr Nosler Partition. We had moose burger tonight. This purchase was to celebrate the relief over the election!
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.