Man Cave Projects...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Man Cave Projects...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Working on mine - hope to get it running by permasnow.

At least I have heat and one circuit for the computer...

Any other projects in the work?
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Man Cave Projects...

Post by Blaine »

The Jerry Can feeds the stove? Did you go with diesel? I liked the diesel heaters in the Q.Huts... you primed it, and the can never needed to be upside down.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Yep. I've got the milspec tripod, but wall mounting the can works better.

The M45 multifuel heater doesn't siphon, so the can has to be elevated and tipped.

So far I've run it on diesel and diesel/old mogas/old mix gas blend.

Diesel actually seems to burn cleaner than straight mogas.

Gotta run it on low most of the time. Don't really care for glowing chimney stacks.

But it cranks out the BTUs. Had to put up the foil-wrapped cement board to keep from charing the plywood sheathing behind it.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

If I ever get an outside shop I aways wanted an old Moore Wood/Coal stove with the real isinglass door window. Grandpa had one that he used for decades in his old 1800s farmhouse, and the new one he built about 1960. Playing with all the knobs on that thing was better than adjusting a warp reactor. :lol: :lol:

It looked just like this:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Boy Blaine, We have something in common. that looks like the same stove I grew up with on My Great Aunt's Farm. Great memories . off to work.
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

Blaine.. I swear that stove looks like the one my grandma had . I still have the little hand blower to fan the coal when starting out. Looks like a old brass basketball pump.

Seeing that picture brought back some memories !

John
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

a pillow for a good dog to keep you company is all i see you need now. :D all a man needs is some space to call his and a good dog to keep him company and safe from intruders, nice job.I had a old army stove that looked just like that .
JOHNNY WACKO
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzevezzx/john ... dproducts/
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

BlaineG wrote:If I ever get an outside shop I aways wanted an old Moore Wood/Coal stove with the real isinglass door window. Grandpa had one that he used for decades in his old 1800s farmhouse, and the new one he built about 1960. Playing with all the knobs on that thing was better than adjusting a warp reactor. :lol: :lol:

Those are too cool... and unobtainium expensive.

This corner of the garage originally had a kludged-up freestanding pellet stove fireplace insert (thus the pellet stove flue pipe).

The cheapest pellet stove replacement was $1300. A cast iron wood burner about half that.

The M45 ended up costing me about $200 total and I can burn coal in it if I really want to (it has the "optional" solid fuel accessories) ... plus it's portable enough to take apart and put in a wall tent if I really need to some elk season.

Alas, I do have to share the space with the MC & wife's Subaru over the winter, but there's enough space.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Old Ironsights wrote:
BlaineG wrote:If I ever get an outside shop I aways wanted an old Moore Wood/Coal stove with the real isinglass door window. Grandpa had one that he used for decades in his old 1800s farmhouse, and the new one he built about 1960. Playing with all the knobs on that thing was better than adjusting a warp reactor. :lol: :lol:

Those are too cool... and unobtainium expensive.

This corner of the garage originally had a kludged-up freestanding pellet stove fireplace insert (thus the pellet stove flue pipe).

The cheapest pellet stove replacement was $1300. A cast iron wood burner about half that.

The M45 ended up costing me about $200 total and I can burn coal in it if I really want to (it has the "optional" solid fuel accessories) ... plus it's portable enough to take apart and put in a wall tent if I really need to some elk season.

Alas, I do have to share the space with the MC & wife's Subaru over the winter, but there's enough space.
You should have seen the white, and green enameled wood cookstove in the kitchen. A worthless drunk that lived down the road a piece ransacked the old house of everything. Lots of dark walnut rails, banisters, moldings etc, and some 19th century furniture that couldn't fit in the new place, then burned it to the ground to cover up.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Finally started to finish my basement a couple weeks ago. Did my little home office/ gun room last year when one of the boys moved out. :D

Framed up one closet and space for the mechanicals. I'll start firing out the walls this weekend. This is going to take most of the winter. I'll sub out the electrical as I want to include some 220 electric heat and going to need a sub panel. Not messing with that. Probably have someone else finish the drywall. Never been very good at it. I've been collecting antique architectural pieces for years so the finished product is going to be wicked cool. That with a faux stone wall ( I've always wanted to try one) and a tin style drop ceiling should turn in to nice cave/ game room.
I don't drink anymore so the bar is out. :? But that gives me more room for the pool table. :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"