winchester94/22 Cheyene commemorative

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

winchester94/22 Cheyene commemorative

Post by barbarossa »

Hi
I have a chance to pick up a Winchester 94/22 Cheyene Commemorative.Gold reciever and barrel band and saddle ring,new but no box at a decent price.Has anyone ever had one of these,(would be using it as a shooter not collecting)
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I've only seen pics, but know it's a 1977 Canadian commemorative, little brother to it's .44-40 twin.

Now you need to look for the big boy, so you'll have the set ! :mrgreen:
Mutt
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mutt »

I have never owned a gun that if in good condition I would not shoot. If its fits what you want and it fits the pocket , BUY IT !!!!!!!
Even as a young man , those that I had then would never amount to enough cash to out do the fun over the years........... :D Mutt :mrgreen:
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

HERE IS WHAT ONE LOOKS LIKE
Mutt
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mutt »

Thats' a pretty gun but I's still shoot it. If the prise is right go get the dang thing ! NOW!!!!!! No more stalling ..... :D Mutt
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

9422's are high on the fun factor. :D
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I thought you said "no box", and there it is - the white foam inner shell and commemorative sleeve. Or, is that a pic of one you got off the www ?

That's how all the commemoratives were "boxed", I believe - at least the one's I've had were.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

Thats a pic of one I got off the net.Mine is like that only never fired but no box.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I already have two 9422s but I'd still buy and shoot that one! 8)
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

barbarossa wrote:Thats a pic of one I got off the net.Mine is like that only never fired but no box.
I don't think you'll miss the box - :wink: . In my experience - limited to one M94 Commemorative shooter - they are exceptional guns. I think you'll be happy with it.

My .38/55 Legendary Frontiersmen
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

I've got one, they look nice, handle well and are fun to shoot.
Go get it!
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

The thing I admire, about Winchester commemoratives, is that they offer us working stiffs a relatively inexpensive route to a high grade rifle, and/or a shootable clone of an unaffordable collector's item.

I wanted a 24" barreled .32 Special, but nice (read: NIB) Model 64's are priced around $1700 hereabouts, and a juicy 64 Deluxe is $1K more.
I ended up getting a NIB .32 Canadian Pacific RR Commemorative for less than half the price of a standard M-64.

WIN 1894
Levergunner 1.0

Post by WIN 1894 »

What is the serial number? and what price are you at. I understand there were only a few in the U.S. as they were made for Canadian Sales but a few were sold in U.S. and are somewhat scarce in the low serial numbers. It was made in 1977 (under 5000 mfg)so you could get the Cherokee to go along with it as it was made in 1978 (under 4000 mfg). I have them both still NIB. Good Luck
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Bruce Scott wrote:
barbarossa wrote:Thats a pic of one I got off the net.Mine is like that only never fired but no box.
"I don't think you'll miss the box - :wink: .

I agree, I never had much luck shooting the boxes!
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

What is a "decent price" to you? If you're thinking "collector value, I'll be able to sell it for more in a few years" then forget it, no box kills it for that. If it's $100 over what any other 9422 would be, yeah, I'd get it, but it's no longer a collector's item.

A 'local' gun-show dealer has been carrying my Dodge Marksman 94 30-30 around for over a year now, it's still on his table every time I see him. $700 just makes me cringe and he won't come down. No box, so it doesn't matter if it's unfired- but it IS top eject and no-safety, and I DO have a Ram truck...

It's not like I don't have a .30-30 or two already...
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

It will be for shooting.The owner wants $400 for it.They normally get around $450 to 500 for a used one and this one is new and never fired.I plan on picking it up tonight.
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

We were misled. That's not a "good" price. That's a "Tell me where it is so I can beat you to it" price for any 9422 in good shape.