How 'Bout Dat in NJ: Buck Attacks Car That Hit It

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

How 'Bout Dat in NJ: Buck Attacks Car That Hit It

Post by Pete44ru »

It's a good thing deer don't have guns.......... :shock:

Dashcam video from a New Jersey police officer's cruiser captured the moment when a deer attacked a driver who hit it.

http://abc7ny.com/news/must-see-video-s ... t/1530310/

The incident occurred 2 weeks ago, around 8 p.m. in Howell, New Jersey, when a female driver hit a deer while driving on a dark road.

Patrolman Nicholas Austin was driving behind an SUV when he saw the deer dart in front of the vehicle in front of him.
The driver of the SUV, 43-year-old Ellen Sager, braked after hitting the deer, but continued to drive for a short distance before pulling over on the shoulder of the road.

Austin, who had been responding to a call, pulled behind the SUV to check on Sager, but not before the deer charged toward the vehicle again.

The deer nearly forced itself inside Sager's car and she kicked it back onto the road.

"The same deer that Sager had just struck ran back across the roadway left to right and attempted to jump into Sager's vehicle as she opened the door," Howell Township police said in a statement.
"Sager was still in the driver's seat with the door open as the deer (attempted) to climb over her and into the vehicle."

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: How 'Bout Dat in NJ: Buck Attacks Car That Hit It

Post by gamekeeper »

That's amazing :shock:

I've hit two deer, the first, as I was doing 75 mph there was not much fight left in it, the second deer hit me more than I hit it, the deer came full speed down a bank and slid under my nearly stationary truck , I expected it to get up but it died within seconds with only a small wound on its head.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Honestly I'm not sure it's the same deer. Even if it was, it looks more like the SUV was between the deer and it's way out. Timing of opening the door was just dumb luck.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

jeepnik wrote:Honestly I'm not sure it's the same deer. Even if it was, it looks more like the SUV was between the deer and it's way out. Timing of opening the door was just dumb luck.
I think you may be right, the deer seems to be determined to go through the vehicle rather than attack the driver.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I understand now......after seeing the sign that deer was carrying......"deer lives matter". Totally wrong but determined to fight back. :D ------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

jp
Levergunner

Post by jp »

:D Never met anyone from New Jersey that didn't have an attitude!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I think he just wanted a ride to the hospital...

:?
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.