Hey Kirk,

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Hey Kirk,

Post by JerryB »

Kirk, it's good to see that you have some time to spend with us. I always enjoy your postings. Come back when you can stay longer. Reckon the trees up your way are looking pretty about now.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

KirkD

Post by KirkD »

Jerry, the older I get, the more interesting life becomes. I enjoy this forum, especially the members I've come to 'know' over the years. I try and stop by once every day or so. The trouble is, not only do I enjoy Winchesters and shooting, but I've gotten more involved in wilderness trips with my family (three this year), I've got a 1957 two-cylinder John Deere tractor and plow that I try to use plowing in the fall, and I've gotten back into nature and landscape photography. All this to say that my days and weeks are so busy, I have not been visiting any forum very much. Now that winter is coming, though, I imagine I'll have a bit more time once the snow starts flying. I still have more wood to cut and split before then, however. I've gotten two 'new' Winchesters recently that, when I get some time, I'll photograph and post their photos here.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Hey Kirk,

Post by fordwannabe »

Kirk, I also enjoy your post and am glad to see stopping by. Can't wait to see your "new" Winchesters.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

See you when you have more free time friend !
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

KirkD

Post by KirkD »

Chuck 100 yd wrote:See you when you have more free time friend !
I'm usually here just about every day now, even if I don't post too often.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: KirkD

Post by Blaine »

KirkD wrote:
Chuck 100 yd wrote:See you when you have more free time friend !
I'm usually here just about every day now, even if I don't post too often.
How about leaving a link to your blog in the signature line? I've been getting some good edgy-ma-cation readin' that there stuff. :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Nice to see you here, Kirk! :)
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

claybob86 wrote:Nice to see you here, Kirk! :)
+1.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Been missing you. :D
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

You can always be sure Kirks posts are interesting and well illustrated......... :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Kirk, did you take a trip this summer over here?
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

KirkD

Post by KirkD »

3leggedturtle wrote:Kirk, did you take a trip this summer over here?
I spent a gruelling week in the Bob Marshal Wilderness area in the Montana Rockies. Hiked a total of about 60 miles over three passes with a 40+ pack on my back, burned up 7 pounds of fat, and floated a couple rivers in the Bob.
Last edited by KirkD on Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

KirkD

Post by KirkD »

BlaineG wrote:How about leaving a link to your blog in the signature line? I've been getting some good edgy-ma-cation readin' that there stuff. :wink:
Glad you've been enjoying my blog. I stuck the link into my signature like you suggested.
Camel73
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Camel73 »

Hi Kirk, I'd have to say - I've also enjoyed the times I've run across your posts.

What is this blog thou speaketh of? I'm always up for some "edgy-ma-cation" :mrgreen:

Edit- Good work sir!
My first child - '94 30-30
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Hi Kirk. Anticipating the photos of your 2 "new" Winchesters and I wouldn't mind seeing your John Deere. B?, A?. No, that new would be 620 or some such number, wouldn't it?
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

KirkD

Post by KirkD »

M. M. Wright wrote:Hi Kirk. Anticipating the photos of your 2 "new" Winchesters and I wouldn't mind seeing your John Deere. B?, A?. No, that new would be 620 or some such number, wouldn't it?
Here it is, along with my 3-bottom John Deere 555 H plow which I completely dismantled and rebuilt.

JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Praise the LORD Kirk, what a fine looking tractor and set of plows. There's not much can look any finer than turning your head back and watch the sod turn over from the three plows, beautiful sight and smell.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15