Need some help from all you photographers

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Need some help from all you photographers

Post by 7.62 Precision »

Some of you guys shoot some great photos of leverguns, and other vintage rifles.

I am working on a project, and need some good photography. Also, if any of you have any stories or reviews or anything that you have written concerning vintage or modern leverguns or even single-shots rifles, revolvers, cartridges, reloading, or just life (as it is lived by those who used to use leverguns we collect today, or by those who love them now) let me know what you have. You can send a private message or email if you like and I will let you know what I am working on.

Should be fun.

To clarify, I am looking for photos that you guys have taken.

Edit, because my spellchecker thought I needed a private massage, which I did not, not form any of you guys, anyway, I would be happy with a message.
Last edited by 7.62 Precision on Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Need some help from all you photographers

Post by Pete44ru »

My best pics are usually the ones taken in indirect lighting, outside on an overcast day, or inside under a window sill with my camera's flash setting on "backlight".

Of course, ANY pics posted here, by right, should include yer toes/shoes. ;)

earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

What Pete said about lighting. If I'm really trying to take a nice picture I like to use a polarizing filter to cut down on reflections, so seldom use flash 'cause that makes the polarizer hard to predict. And I lean heavily on Photoshop to smooth out my limited lighting skills -- it can open up shadow areas and damp down highlights quite a lot with very little computer skill required.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Pete44ru wrote:.

My best pics are usually the ones taken in indirect lighting, outside on an overcast day, or inside under a window sill with my camera's flash setting on "backlight".

Like, Uhh, Digital pictures??
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

Should have clarified - I am looking for photos to use, not advice on taking photos (which I also need, unfortunately) and especially not photos that include toes, though the most epic I have seen was a photo of someone's new AR-15 on the floor by his unmade bed next to his bare toes and a dirty pair of very large women's underwear.
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

BlaineG wrote:
Pete44ru wrote:.

Like, Uhh, Digital pictures??
Those are digital color gauges. You can correct the color of the photos for consistency using the digital gauge at the bottom edge of each photo.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

What model guns are you looking for? And how much are you willing to pay? For me to drag out the darkroom, set up the studio, not to mention the 4x5... not that I'd charge... just sayin'...

Or will 8megapixel digital work... The Nikon Df is still on the bucket list! :P
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

I'm looking for photos you already have, I have seen some great stuff on this site in the past, but no way I'm taking anything without permission. However, the time will hopefully come when I may request certain photos of specific rifles. I also cannot pay yet, but in time I hope to be able to compensate for photos. Also, will give photo credit, of course.

If you contact me privately, I can let you know exactly what I am working on.