Dumb and dumber

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Dumb and dumber

Post by harry »

A Georgia man lost a leg after shooting at a lawnmower full of Tannerite
http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/31566067/ga ... explosives
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Dumb and dumber

Post by Blaine »

:roll: :roll: Hold my beer...... :roll:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Well, tannerite will soon be banned...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Lesson learned the hard way.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

It is amazing how close you can be to it and NOT get hurt; I think that makes people overly confident.

I just assume that a hard and dense part of the object may decide to fly towards me starting at supersonic speed; even if it isn't a ballistically efficient projectile, I want to be far enough away that it won't hurt, or ideally won't even hit me. You can possibly avoid something with the arc of a baseball home-run hit, but if it's coming towards you with a flatter trajectory, it will go through you before you even register seeing it.

I feel sorry for the guy, and it could be any of us in an incautious moment or as a kid, but that is the kind of stuff that gets all the fun things 'outlawed'... :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

They breed and they vote. :roll:
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Well... now he knows why he shouldn't do that.

On the bright side, his brilliant tactical skill did stop the lawnmower before it could harm anyone... (else)...

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hawkeye2 »

Two things about the news video that I originally saw that really impressed me were the following:

The news commentator had her facts right, did not try to stir an emotional pot and did not try to start a crusade to ban Tannerite or guns. A big plus to her, it's so unusual to see/hear news reported factually today and not have to listen to dozens of friends, neighbors, relatives and passerby's tell what a wonderful person the perp or victim was and that we need to pass a law or ban something. The usual report today comes down to a few minutes of air time with no true facts of the incident being passed on to the viewer/listener. My hat is off to the lady.

The second thing and the most positive were the comments by Sheriff Joe Chapman. The Sheriff is 100% in support of the Second Amendment and our rights to shoot on our property in a safe and responsible manner. I have a lot of respect for him not only for saying what he said but doing so knowing that he may be seen on the news nationwide.

As for the victim and his friends my first thought was that it's a shame it hadn't taken his head off. AJ, reflecting on your compassion while I type this I have tempered my initial feelings. It is a terrible tragedy and I do wish him a speedy and hopefully pain free recovery. Though he showed bad judgment my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

This video will likely go viral and it, along with a lot of what I have seen on U Tube, shows gun owners in a bad light. The shooter fires multiple rounds rapidly and advances on the target as he continues to miss the explosive rather than trying for a one shot hit on the explosive from a safe location. This, along with the end result, is what anti-gunners perceive as irresponsible and dangerous behavior and they feel that all of us behave in that manner and after seeing a lot of the posts online I can understand how they arrive at that conclusion. Regarding Tannerite, I wasn't wild about it when it, and other exploding targets, appeared and as each person tries to outdo the previous I expect the end result will be for the BATF to ban its manufacture/possession/use. I'm not sure I would shed a tear if that happened. As we see more of these incidents (this wasn't the first) and the increasing misuse of Tannerite I continue to reflect on its impact on all gun owners.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

AJMD429 wrote:...I just assume that a hard and dense part of the object...|
I don't think it was the "object" that was hard and dense! :wink:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hawkeye2 »

Is it possible he was overcompensating for something else that should have been hard and dense?
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

The follow-up is that he tried to sue, but the lawyer told him he didn't have a leg to stand on. :|
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
m.wun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by m.wun »

They call him Skippy now!
What in the wild world of sports is going on here
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

A friend who lives about 20 miles from Me called one day and said come on over were building pipe bombs today. :shock: .............the last I heard He and the Gang were buying tannerite up in mass quantities. I told Him to have a good time I'll just listen from Here . :o .