Gunslick Foaming Cleaner

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Gunslick Foaming Cleaner

Post by Blaine »

This might have been mentioned before, but maybe worth repeating.
The Foaming Barrel cleaning products are sort of messy if used as directed, but I've had great luck with just applying it to a patch, running it thru the bbl a few times, then waiting a few minutes and using dry patches. Follow up with your fav flavor of gun oil. YMMV, and this prolly don't work with heavily copper-fouled bbls, but I suspect that if you did this after every session, your heavy cleaning needs would be solved in the long run.
"They" say Kroil will creep under the copper making it easier to remove. I have never had any bbls that bad.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Gunslick Foaming Cleaner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I agree. Keep them clean and they just don't get so bad that extreem measures are needed.
A prarie dog blaster may be the exception to that when several hundred shots are fired in a short time period? Most rifles are not abused like that and cleaning is 'care' not a 'chore' to me.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Blaine,
A hunting friend who shall go unnamed, related on Saturday's bird hunt that he was up till midnight
"Fixing" his Rem 1100 auto - seems there was so much plastic deposited in the chamber that live rounds would not chamber. It later came out that cleaning guns is not his favorite thing. Go figger. :)
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
m.wun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by m.wun »

I use it for several guns including ARs. I have been told the foam will creep into the gas tube
and over time will gum it up. So I blow compressed air up gas tube to blow it out. Hopes on a bore
Snake follow it up and it looks like a mirror!
What in the wild world of sports is going on here
Merle
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Merle »

I used it on newly acquired MILSURPS until they showed clean, but not too often after that. One exception would be those with rough bores, that fouled quickly. :shock:
Merle from PA