Marlin 1897 Lever Action Bicycle Rifle

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2016/02/27/ma ... ifle-video

NPH
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Marlin 1897 Lever Action Bicycle Rifle

Post by tman »

I'd buy one :mrgreen: . But RemArlin would screw it up if they tried to make it today. :(
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

tman wrote:I'd buy one :mrgreen: . But RemArlin would screw it up if they tried to make it today. :(
I had almost forgotten about the Remlin issue and was going to say I'll take one if they make it. Still might, it's hard to screw up a .22.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

sore shoulder wrote:
tman wrote:I'd buy one :mrgreen: . But RemArlin would screw it up if they tried to make it today. :(
I had almost forgotten about the Remlin issue and was going to say I'll take one if they make it. Still might, it's hard to screw up a .22.

You must not remember the Charlie Foxtrot Remington 522 Viper? :o
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

tman wrote:But RemArlin would screw it up if they tried to make it today.
Hmmm, I've inspected two recently made 1894 Remlins. Both cycled smoother than some lightly used JM versions I've tried. Both had good wood to metal fit. Some of the metal work, especially on the bolt, was better done, too. I plan to give them another year to work out any remaining kinks in the newly tooled .357 version and then get one for myself. Yeah, they screwed up, but they are trying to give these classic designs another go.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

That's a good looking little .22.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

sore shoulder wrote:
I bought a Remington bolt action, tube fed .22 about 82ish.....It rattled when you moved it around, and literally started falling apart. Rem didn't want to work on, or discuss it. No more Remingtons for me. And, any .22 ammo I've ever bought sucked big time. (Having said that, I prefer green box 170 for my 30wcf.)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

BlaineG wrote:
sore shoulder wrote:
I bought a Remington bolt action, tube fed .22 about 82ish.....It rattled when you moved it around, and literally started falling apart. Rem didn't want to work on, or discuss it. No more Remingtons for me. And, any .22 ammo I've ever bought sucked big time. (Having said that, I prefer green box 170 for my 30wcf.)
My first gun was a .22 bolt action single shot. I wish i knew what model it was so i could buy another one

Edit: i meant to say Remington .22
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

KWK wrote:
tman wrote:But RemArlin would screw it up if they tried to make it today.
Hmmm, I've inspected two recently made 1894 Remlins. Both cycled smoother than some lightly used JM versions I've tried. Both had good wood to metal fit. Some of the metal work, especially on the bolt, was better done, too. I plan to give them another year to work out any remaining kinks in the newly tooled .357 version and then get one for myself. Yeah, they screwed up, but they are trying to give these classic designs another go.
I don't like being the "quality control technician" for a firearm that I pay good money for. Maybe I'm just an old geezer and from a time forgotten. :wink: