Barry's Ex. Orders On Who Is A Dealer, Or Not

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Barry's Ex. Orders On Who Is A Dealer, Or Not

Post by Blaine »

Has anyone seen anything written in stone about who will be required to get an FFL to sell their guns?
There's lots of theories, ie, Selling more than a couple...selling for a profit...But, that maybe a fella like me who wants to sell off some of his hobby can do so without a licence.
It would be nice to get a table at a gun show knowing where a fella stands....

(For those that didn't know, in Washington a background check is required for every single exchange of firearms)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Barry's Ex. Orders On Who Is A Dealer, Or Not

Post by M. M. Wright »

Has me wondering too. I have heard a bunch of rumors but I guess I'll find out the 1st of April when I go to the Wanamacher. I expect ATF presence there to guide us through this.

To me, gun shows are more of a social thing, visiting with like minded folks and maybe adding something to the collection if it appeals to me. Once in a while I'll take a new "black" something in trade just to make it happen but I'd much prefer something old and crusty. I'm sure they'll count such transactions to determine who is a dealer and who is not.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Classic Joe Stalin methodology - make the laws 'fuzzy' enough, and enforcement 'lax' enough, to get to a point where nobody worries about all the laws because they aren't being used aggressively, but are just sitting there, on the books.

Then when an 'undesirable' or a political enemy needs to be neutralized, exert the full force of the law on him, and if he objects, just say "It's the LAW..." and that makes it ok, shuts the lapdog news media up, and job done...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Those of us in Oregon and Washington are already screwed. Obama's Ex. Order wont change the way we already have to do business in selling our collections. It all needs a background check presently.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

marlinman93 wrote:Those of us in Oregon and Washington are already screwed. Obama's Ex. Order wont change the way we already have to do business in selling our collections. It all needs a background check presently.
No...If "they" believe your hobby is a moneymaking proposition, you will have to get an FFL. This is what is not clear, and what I'm talking about. It won't matter if you sell a couple, or dozens, if you do it for profit, it's a business, and you'll need an FFL. IE, a table at a gun show; Hobbyists, presently, can sell without an FFL, and this might be redefined.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

Didn't look at your links, but remember that the person who runs Snopes is fully in Obama's pocket, and the website's trusted reputation is used to manipulate the truth in political matters important to the administration.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

7.62 Precision wrote:
Didn't look at your links, but remember that the person who runs Snopes is fully in Obama's pocket, and the website's trusted reputation is used to manipulate the truth in political matters important to the administration.
Yep.... :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "