The Big Bee--Marlin 336 Cowboy

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
HCH
Levergunner

The Big Bee--Marlin 336 Cowboy

Post by HCH »

Found this in the gun store and brought it home today. Marlin 336 Cowboy in 30-30. I hope it shoots as good as it looks! Does anyone know a value on one of these? From what i've seen, they linger in the $1000 range. Is that fairly true?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: The Big Bee--Marlin 336 Cowboy

Post by Blaine »

That's a good looking rifle.... :mrgreen:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

BlaineG wrote:That's a good looking rifle.... :mrgreen:

+1 Very nice! I'll bet it shoulders nice too.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

Last one I saw sold for around 1K. that was a few years ago
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
HCH
Levergunner

Post by HCH »

Thunder50 wrote:Last one I saw sold for around 1K. that was a few years ago
I haven't been able to find any that were recently sold. 2013 is about the last posts I've found.
backtobethel
Levergunner

Post by backtobethel »

An unaltered, minty condition 336 Cowboy in 30-30 would, in my estimation, fetch somewhere north of $1500 and could go considerably north of there if sold during the right time of the year. There have been no recent sales on gunbroker, which gives you an idea of their scarcity and/or the love that their current owners have for them. The carving in the OPs stock probably hurts the value, but it is a cool gun, regardless.
-----------------------
Give me land, lots of land, under starry skys above. Don't fence me in.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

That's an earlier one as the first ones were checkered and the later ones not .

I bought a 336CB in 30-30 NIB right after they announced they were ceasing production and I got it for $400 OTD . I took it and shot a pile of silhouettes with it as well as killing the first deer I ever killed with a 30-30 shooting it with home cast bullets and a tang sight .

Later I sold it on GB with the box in slightly scuffed condition I had probably put 1500 rounds of cast thru it as well as maybe 200 of jacketed handloads and factory Winchester Silvertips . I sold it for I think $850 maybe five years after I bought it . And that would have been about 2008 or 2009 when I sold the gun .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

backtobethel wrote: The carving in the OPs stock probably hurts the value, but it is a cool gun, regardless.
Yes I agree 100% !

That carving doesn't help nor does the added swivel studs !

But that one has a very nice piece of wood :wink:
HCH
Levergunner

Post by HCH »

backtobethel wrote:An unaltered, minty condition 336 Cowboy in 30-30 would, in my estimation, fetch somewhere north of $1500 and could go considerably north of there if sold during the right time of the year. There have been no recent sales on gunbroker, which gives you an idea of their scarcity and/or the love that their current owners have for them. The carving in the OPs stock probably hurts the value, but it is a cool gun, regardless.
So I assume the $560 and tax I paid wasn't a bad deal?
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

HCH wrote:
backtobethel wrote:An unaltered, minty condition 336 Cowboy in 30-30 would, in my estimation, fetch somewhere north of $1500 and could go considerably north of there if sold during the right time of the year. There have been no recent sales on gunbroker, which gives you an idea of their scarcity and/or the love that their current owners have for them. The carving in the OPs stock probably hurts the value, but it is a cool gun, regardless.
So I assume the $560 and tax I paid wasn't a bad deal?
:wink: :lol: I'll give you a quick 10 dollar profit.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

I turned my wife into a monster with one... She has bought jewelry and collect able dolls as her hobbies for the last thirty or so years, me, not so much. I buy and once in a while sell guns, almost always make a healthy profit. Mostly double my investment. She was carping about how she can't even get what she paid for her stuff, I looked deep into her eyes and said. "You chose poorly". So, said I'd help her buy one and sell it for a profit..we found a 336 Cowboy at a gunshow in 30-30.. The guy wanted $650.. All we had between us was $550...he took it. Badly leaded, but cleaned right up..like new outside and in..got on Marlin Owners web sight..sold it within two weeks for $1400. Now she won't let me out of the house without her......
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
HCH
Levergunner

Post by HCH »

Les Staley wrote:I turned my wife into a monster with one... She has bought jewelry and collect able dolls as her hobbies for the last thirty or so years, me, not so much. I buy and once in a while sell guns, almost always make a healthy profit. Mostly double my investment. She was carping about how she can't even get what she paid for her stuff, I looked deep into her eyes and said. "You chose poorly". So, said I'd help her buy one and sell it for a profit..we found a 336 Cowboy at a gunshow in 30-30.. The guy wanted $650.. All we had between us was $550...he took it. Badly leaded, but cleaned right up..like new outside and in..got on Marlin Owners web sight..sold it within two weeks for $1400. Now she won't let me out of the house without her......
Why would you want to sell one?? :shock:
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

HCH wrote:
Les Staley wrote:I turned my wife into a monster with one... She has bought jewelry and collect able dolls as her hobbies for the last thirty or so years, me, not so much. I buy and once in a while sell guns, almost always make a healthy profit. Mostly double my investment. She was carping about how she can't even get what she paid for her stuff, I looked deep into her eyes and said. "You chose poorly". So, said I'd help her buy one and sell it for a profit..we found a 336 Cowboy at a gunshow in 30-30.. The guy wanted $650.. All we had between us was $550...he took it. Badly leaded, but cleaned right up..like new outside and in..got on Marlin Owners web sight..sold it within two weeks for $1400. Now she won't let me out of the house without her......
Why would you want to sell one?? :shock:
Dude I was up to almost 100 lever actions all Marlin's but one , now I'm down to 4 of which 3 are Marlin's .

It's like anything else , after awhile you loose some of the intrest or something else comes along yadda yadda yadda .
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

"Why would you want to sell one?" I was trying to talk her in to letting me keep it, but eight hundred and fifty little reasons just kept her focused on getting rid of it. I put what I thought was a high price on it hopeing it would not sell, but it lasted just under two weeks..
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.