Hey, ScottT

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Junior
Levergunner 2.0

Hey, ScottT

Post by Junior »

I have an update on the 190 gr group buy bullet in my Rossi 357. The hole it blew in my front yard impressed me highly.

http://www.castbullet.com/shooting/rossi-s4.htm

PS: with a sling and 19, 190 gr rounds in and on the Rossi 357 it weighs only 7 lbs 4.6 oz. That's lightweight firepower, boys.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

That IS impressive! :D
ScottT
Shootist

Post by ScottT »

An excellent update Junior. I look forward to hearing of you whacking something with it. I have mine loaded and will try to take a couple of deer this year just to see what happens.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Receibed my .30 Soupcan mold. looking firward to a couple days in the casting room.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Junior,

Good performance for sure.

Is it impossible to get the meplat size you like and a crimp groove that allows full size 357 cases?

Just wondering about the bullet design. Was it originally designed for a revolver?

About the possibility of a gun jamming in front of a hog, isn't that what revolvers are for?

Regards,

Grizz
Junior
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Junior »

Grizz wrote:Is it impossible to get the meplat size you like and a crimp groove that allows full size 357 cases?
Probably. SAMI max COAL for 357 mag is 1.590". Crimped in the crimp groove using unaltered 357 mag cases, this bullet gives a COAL of 1.600" which works in most all rifles but mine. . . .
Just wondering about the bullet design. Was it originally designed for a revolver?
I have no idea.
About the possibility of a gun jamming in front of a hog, isn't that what revolvers are for?
Yep, you're right. But a SBH 44 gets real heavy after a couple of miles of walking.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Quote:
Yep, you're right. But a SBH 44 gets real heavy after a couple of miles of walking.
I was thinking of a .357 revolver. I've shot 185g cast over 15g lilgun from a 2" snubbie. It'll getr done and it's better'n climbing trees. And doesn't weigh much..,

Grizz