Bullet Mould Charts Major Brands

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Bullet Mould Charts Major Brands

Post by JohndeFresno »

Since I have never had the extra time to start casting bullets (although it would be great fun), I have had to resort to various suppliers for that component. Many casters show their bullets but don't identify exactly what molds they are using.

That can be problematic when one uses a tool like QuickLoad ballistic software to work up some general information on a load before purchasing the powder and other supplies and then taking some samples to the range. You need to know, within some reasonable degree of accuracy, which bullet you are loading so that the software can make a more accurate prediction. This acts as a reasonable shortcut to the load development process.

Likewise, you may want to purchase a custom cast bullet that is close to a stated component of a successful load as described elsewhere - gun magazines, load manuals, etc.

I've compiled a few charts from public online sources showing graphics or photos and some specs of the more common cast bullets - Ideal and Lyman (including some old moulds), Lee, RCBS, and Saeco. The choices are not exhaustive, but they have helped me to match up similar custom cast offerings. Maybe the document will be of use to some handloaders here.

You can download the PDF file from the link below. It may take a while; this is a multi-page, 70 MB file:
https://app.box.com/s/x4xcb8768fo1pxf1t8bw4338zz5ryvk1
milton
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Bullet Mould Charts Major Brands

Post by milton »

Thank you very much,I just saved that for future reference!
"Knowledge without understanding is a dangerous thing. For a little knowledge entices us to walk its path, a bit more provides the foundation on which we take our stand, and a sufficient amount can erect a wall of knowledge around us, trapping us in our own ignorance."
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

John,

Thanks a bunch. Saved it and will add it to my hard copy files when I get them here.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

You are very welcome, Milton.

Joe - WOW - now you can download stuff! Glad for you and your new 'puter. I was considering sending you a CD with the file - saves me the trouble and expense. Love that technology.

Incidentally, I created this PDF document as a "searchable PDF" file. On a Windoze box at least, you can quickly find a known round by using the search function. For example, after opening the PDF document, I use Control-F on my computer to use the "Find" or "Search" feature:
To find the classic Levergun Lyman 30-30 173 grain bullet, just enter 311041 into the search box.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Cool ! Thanks.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

JohndeFresno wrote:You are very welcome, Milton.

Joe - WOW - now you can download stuff! Glad for you and your new 'puter. I was considering sending you a CD with the file - saves me the trouble and expense. Love that technology.

Incidentally, I created this PDF document as a "searchable PDF" file. On a Windoze box at least, you can quickly find a known round by using the search function. For example, after opening the PDF document, I use Control-F on my computer to use the "Find" or "Search" feature:
To find the classic Levergun Lyman 30-30 173 grain bullet, just enter 311041 into the search box.
LOL, yeah we decided we'd had enough of that dial up nonsense and got us high speed internet now. I've been downloading .pdf's and watching videos I could never watch before. I'm spoiled now. :D

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Thanks for the great reference charts, I saved it to my favorites.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
264 Win Mag
Levergunner 1.0

Post by 264 Win Mag »

Excellent resource. Thank you kind sir, this will come in handy.

Thomas
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

You are all quite welcome.
mark
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mark »

Thank you very much for your efforts. A copy has been downloaded and squirreled away for future reference.

Cheers Mark
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Thank You!!! :D