Can't fix stupid.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Can't fix stupid.

Post by Bullard4075 »

Here in Billings on the 4th a man was lighting a fireworks mortar by holding it in his hand and bracing it on his hip. With no resulting
"bloop" he peered into the open end. The discharge (delayed) resulted in death from blunt force trauma to the face and forehead. A lawsuit
is expected for lack of a warning label.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Can't fix stupid.

Post by Blaine »

"Remove child before ironing" :roll:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

Well, at least he's no longer in the gene pool. About like the guy shooting one of those mortar types off the top of his head. I'd like to know the cause of death on that one, broken neck or busted skull.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I imagine there was some beer involved too. :roll:
NRA Life Member
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I think that they're doing rather well - there's at least two, and maybe more, less idiots in the world, to deal with.

A local youngster lost a hand after an M-80 went off in it - IMO the "supervising" adult (if there was one who gave the kid the firecracker) ought to get either arrested for child endangerment and/or get sued.

SteveR
Senior Levergunner

Post by SteveR »

Pete44ru wrote:.
A local youngster lost a hand after an M-80 went off in it - IMO the "supervising" adult (if there was one who gave the kid the firecracker) ought to get either arrested for child endangerment and/or get sued.
Who are you going to sue for people engaging in criminal conduct? M-80's and their equivalent have been illegal for years, for those reasons you wrote.

Steve
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

The kid's parents could sue, for violating the kid's right to have two hands.

What the heck - While OJ couldn't get tagged for his criminal stabbing activities, he fell to a civil suit (which have different parameters than a criminal suit).

mark08
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mark08 »

Here an ADULT on the 4th lost a hand by holding a mortar in his hand. Local news has an interview with him saying that he wants to do a PSA showing kids what a fire cracker can do!!!!!!!!! Blow you hand off dummy.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

TedH wrote:I imagine there was some beer involved too. :roll:
No doubt!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives are never a good mix, and I don't care what Governmental agency thinks that those four in any combination are a good idea. The first two, or the second two can be worked with in combination. :lol:
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

SteveR wrote:
Pete44ru wrote:.
Who are you going to sue for people engaging in criminal conduct? M-80's and their equivalent have been illegal for years, for those reasons you wrote.

Steve
Unless something is different in various parts of the country, the fireworks marked "M80" and sold in most fireworks stands in Oklahoma are a far cry from the M80's of my youth. I've seen those blow an old school GI steel pot 30 ft in the air, crack concrete blocks laid on top of them, and stun fish in shallow ponds and creeks. The one's I bought this year might have been the equivalent of an old school Black Cat. But evidently they are still potent enough to cause a serious injury.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

if he didn't yet get around to breeding, the gene pool is improved

this is why we need risk in society
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Jes a thought (and I'm opening myself up to a whole bunch of flames I'm sure). Something like "He who is without sin...".

I can remember playing with fire crackers and cherry bombs and M-80 (I lived in a Mexican/black neighborhood and these were sold at the liquor store [illegally of course!]). Some neighborhood kid would get hurt each July 4th, or May 5th, but mostly just minor stuff. Did any of those of you who criticize and demean those reported "genetic deficient" folks never throw a firecracker at your sister? How many of you wound up with a split finger after a 4th? How many made "cherry bomb cannons" (we used 3/4" pipe and stuffed green figs over a cherry bomb). Some of you praise the death of one "not so bright" person as a good thing (removal from the gene pool). And those of you that suggest suits, are you the same that sue over too hot coffee that you spilled yourself? While it may not be said, freedom includes freedom to be stupid. Or do you favor the "Big Brother" government making sure you don't hurt yourself with pointed sticks, or make it illegal to run with scissors?..
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...