SIXGUN

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

SIXGUN

Post by 3leggedturtle »

We need more pics of 1 of a kind deals of a lifetime!! Hope all is well with you. Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Re: SIXGUN

Post by Booger Bill »

This one should qualify. Old Savage will remember when Jack First had those January 1st 5 day gun sales. He would put stuff out at the first of every January for 5 days. 1st day was 10% off, until the 5th day it was 50% off! I think I got this on January 5th 1971. The night of Jan 4 we got the heaviest snow storm I seen in Antelope Valley between 1969 and 2005 when we left. The gun was still there the 4th. I made up my mind to nail it when he opened the next morning. It was always a cirrcus every sale day, like woman at a Mazys sale. I couldnt get the truck out. About 38"s of snow! I somehow bulldozed my way to Lancaster from Palmdale on my old Harley. Few people were at the chute. I paid $165`s for the 2 1/2" Nickle Python! They must have retailed back then for double that, about $330`s. I had Alphonso of Hollywood make me up the BBQ rig for I think, about $65`s back then. Of course back then $165`s was worth about $973.47 according to the dollar times calculator. I have shown it on the Colt site sometime ago and people there seem to think it would bring in the area of $4,000`s now! I doubt I have over 3 or 4 boxs of shells through it. I plan on starting to change that.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Money well spent Bill! Nice lookin' Colt.

Yeah, I'm a little worried about Six too. This place ain't the same without the ole outlaw. :?
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

OldWin wrote:Money well spent Bill! Nice lookin' Colt.
Yeah, I'm a little worried about Six too. This place ain't the same without the ole outlaw. :?
+1 on both counts.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Plus me. I miss that boy on here. What happened?
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well I sent him a picture of a pretty girl, he always liked that. :) Waiting for him to respond.

Hope you guys didn't just tic him off. Maybe somebody out there ought to go by and roust him out.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

He said he's still working through the fire deal, gonna need a couple more weeks to get back on lever guns.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Yes, always a deal going on.........and the deal is ......lots of pelosi I have to take care of......no prayers needed...only common sense takes care of 99.9% of life's aggravations. My good friend Old Savage is well aware and as usual, is watching my back. :D

It's Saturday night, the brew is flowing and I decided to check in.... and the party is in full swing...one man party...... :D

On to the deals...yes....these are always in the making.......how about this baby.......1899 Savage in 30-30 made in.......No....not 1958, but in 1910......yes, 11 years after the introduction of the finest levergun ever to grace the woods of Pennsylvania. This baby is a 95% 'er.

Funny thing. As usual, most Easterners are retarts and the boys were saying at the auction, "the bore is destroyed, no rifling left." Well, you know the rest of the story.......good ole Sixgun knows all about closet dust. :D This baby shines like the day it was made and shoots the same. Hard to find these babies like this......but.....yea.....I know.....the Good Lord shines his light on me. :D

Give me a few more weeks and I'll bring some life back to the board........Shite happens.........plus......those two cent pelosi heads I work for are for forcing us old heads to work OT.-------6

Well, here's a little viewing pleasure from115 years ago.-----The 6
Last edited by Sixgun on Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sixgun wrote:...1910...Well, here's a little viewing pleasure from115 years ago.-----The 6
Take that math refresher there Sixgun...

Since you've been gone awhile... you might need a reminder: Derringer?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Sorry Griff.....you tart.....
You know us old heads ain't worth a pelosi counting 2 + 2. :D

Plus. I have had some help...Good Ole Old Savage sent me a 30 pack...on ice.....from the West Coast.

Derringer???? Oooooooooo. I'm in hot water. "The Gunny" was over the other night and I did notice something missing from the reloading bench.......that pig........I'll take his "Smokey the Bear" hat and make him eat it....with your help , of course. (You know, truckers from Texas are
Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Hey great old Savage!!

Find me a beat up old Savage in 30-30 with a good bore, appearance or extra holes
are not a deal breaker for me, Sorry for all the BS in your life stuff does happen!!
had major hail here last week its a wreck now

Brad
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

ollogger wrote:Hey great old Savage!!

Find me a beat up old Savage in 30-30 with a good bore, appearance or extra holes
are not a deal breaker for me, Sorry for all the BS in your life stuff does happen!!
had major hail here last week its a wreck now
Brad

Brad,
You and your sweetheart are two of the best! :D Gotta catch me some zzzzzzz's----6
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Good to see you kicking around Chief. Thats a real sweetheart of a Savage also! :)
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Glad to see you're ok bud. Wasn't sure if we needed to start a legal defense fund for you or something. :D

Missed you last night as we were up to the Forks at a big ole' hillbilly, beer swillin, ho-down wedding. :shock:

Nice Savage dude, I knew no amount of business could keep you from scooping up more cool iron.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well, The Jack is back. :) Not the same without you my friend.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Welcome back, good to see your posts. I too was thinking someone should start a bail money fund!
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

jazman wrote:Welcome back, good to see your posts. I too was thinking someone should start a bail money fund!
Well, it was not too far from that. The Teamsters are good group of boys to fall back on. Don't believe all the BS from Fox News on unions ......and I'm a Fox News fan.

Well, gotta go ..lots of action this week.......I'm on vacation....once a month till the end of the year.------6
hayabusa
Levergunner 2.0

Post by hayabusa »

Good to see you back.
Miss the posts & deals.

busa
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sixgun wrote:Sorry Griff.....you tart.....
You know us old heads ain't worth a pelosi counting 2 + 2. :D

Plus. I have had some help...Good Ole Old Savage sent me a 30 pack...on ice.....from the West Coast.

Derringer???? Oooooooooo. I'm in hot water. "The Gunny" was over the other night and I did notice something missing from the reloading bench.......that pig........I'll take his "Smokey the Bear" hat and make him eat it....with your help , of course. (You know, truckers from Texas are mean)
Jack, your cat looks like he enjoyed that PBR! :lol: