There is something big .....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

There is something big .....

Post by J Miller »

There is something big ..... and empty in my driveway. Anybody wannna come help me load it? I'll buy the pizza :P
IMG_6099.JPG
IMG_6100.JPG
IMG_6103.JPG
Ironically the truck has Arizona plates on it .... but sadly :( that is not the way we're going. :(
IMG_6098.JPG
Joe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: There is something big .....

Post by Blaine »

This is some of the best news I've heard all year....God Bless, and I'm sure He knows how much you need this.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

:D :D :D :D
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Too far to travel, but I will wish you the best of luck!
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

If I lived closer I would be there Joe. 2500 mi. + / - is in between us. Good luck on your move friend.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Chuck 100 yd wrote:If I lived closer I would be there Joe. 2500 mi. + / - is in between us. Good luck on your move friend.
+1 :(

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

J Miller wrote:There is something big ..... and empty in my driveway. Anybody wannna come help me load it? I'll buy the pizza :P
IMG_6099.JPG
IMG_6100.JPG
IMG_6103.JPG
Ironically the truck has Arizona plates on it .... but sadly :( that is not the way we're going. :(
IMG_6098.JPG
Joe
I think they all have Arizona plates. The company HQ is there, and I think the registration fees are low compared to other states.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
spaceman spiff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by spaceman spiff »

I like your calico cat 8) :D

spaceman
I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.

Benjamin Franklin
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

BlaineG wrote:
Chuck 100 yd wrote:If I lived closer I would be there Joe. 2500 mi. + / - is in between us. Good luck on your move friend.
+1 :(
+2
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I am really happy for you and your wife, seeing that big truck there in your yard is a blessing for you I know.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Not to 'shove religion' at anyone, but these are the kinds of situations where belonging to a local church can be a lifesaver - at the mention of a fellow worshiper being in such a bind, most churches would mobilize dozens of eager volunteers to help do anything and everything necessary. Many will even do so for non-members, just because they desire to help fellow human beings. The problem is that if you haven't been at least semi-active members of a church in your area, you wouldn't know who to even contact for help.

If any of your friends there are members of a congregation, you really should mention this to them, and ask that they put in a word to get you some volunteers. By Sunday afternoon you could have a dozen strong helpers show up.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

AJMD429 wrote:Not to 'shove religion' at anyone, but these are the kinds of situations where belonging to a local church can be a lifesaver - at the mention of a fellow worshiper being in such a bind, most churches would mobilize dozens of eager volunteers to help do anything and everything necessary. Many will even do so for non-members, just because they desire to help fellow human beings. The problem is that if you haven't been at least semi-active members of a church in your area, you wouldn't know who to even contact for help.

If any of your friends there are members of a congregation, you really should mention this to them, and ask that they put in a word to get you some volunteers. By Sunday afternoon you could have a dozen strong helpers show up.
Actually, I've heard that the Mormons have been known to have people that help locally for their required church missions..... I've had the Door Knockers ask if there was anything they could do to help before....nice young peeps.....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

BlaineG wrote:
AJMD429 wrote:Not to 'shove religion' at anyone, but these are the kinds of situations where belonging to a local church can be a lifesaver - at the mention of a fellow worshiper being in such a bind, most churches would mobilize dozens of eager volunteers to help do anything and everything necessary. Many will even do so for non-members, just because they desire to help fellow human beings. The problem is that if you haven't been at least semi-active members of a church in your area, you wouldn't know who to even contact for help.

Actually, I've heard that the Mormons have been known to have people that help locally for their required church missions..... I've had the Door Knockers ask if there was anything they could do to help before....nice young peeps.....
Yep. Joe PM me your address and I'll try to find out of anyone here knows anyone there...
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894 »

Joe , that bright spot in the first picture truly IS the light at the end of the tunnel :)
Phil
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

Nice kitty. Calico cats are considered good luck tokens by the Japanese (not that I believe in that stuff).
I'd be there bum back and all if only I didn't have this 2500 mile moat in the way not to mention another 2000 miles of land to traverse. Best wishes to you Joe & wife. :wink:

Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Ji,

Thanks. So calico kitties are good luck. Great to know. This one is a pollydactyl. 24 toes.

AJMD,

You have a PM

We got a lot done yesterday. Prioritizing things so those most important are in the truck first.
We got the eviction notice yesterday (Friday). According to the lady at the sheriff's office they're so far behind we've got about 15 days from date of issuance before we see the deputys but none the less we've been hurrying.
We'll have the important big stuff in today if we can keep working. We'll be leaving a lot of smaller stuff and junk behind. We just don't have enough time to sort it out.
As it is we're taking a lot more than my wife thought we would. We'll be making a second trip back here to the storage locker in the near future. :( :cry:

Pics in a little while.

Joe

I also called about a 1/2 dozen or so charity organizations yesterday. Only two that I remember answered their phone :( . The others I left voice messages. No calls back yet and it being Saturday i doubt that there will be. As for churches I tried a couple or three too and no answer there either, just the voice mail. This has been a weird area when it comes to the churches and help organizations.
The Salvation Army lady said that they had just moved their location and the program that could have helped us was not currently active.

Elaine
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

J Miller wrote:AJMD,

You have a PM
I just got home from a day of paperwork at the office, so didn't have time to keep up with the play-by-play, but it sounds like my friend made some calls and things happened.

God really IS on your side Joe, even if the path is rough sometimes... :wink:

Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

J Miller wrote:Ji,

Thanks. So calico kitties are good luck. Great to know. This one is a pollydactyl. 24 toes.
Oooh I LOVE Pterodactyls! :D

Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
BrianSH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BrianSH »

Friends Call Me Ji wrote:

Ji,
Its good to have you back around. Even if you're more than a little off the beam,... like me! - Brian
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Friends Call Me Ji wrote:

I don't understand the Big Flap over them..... :?

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Our Poly ("Digit") has only 22... but his mitts are almost prehensile.

And I've been enabling him.

As soon as he starts fully manipulating the dexterity tests I have worked out, he will be ready for an HR position under my supreme command as Imperial Planetary Overlord (with specific action powers vetoable by a simple majority of non-assenting remonstrants...)

(durn libertarian philosophy getting in the way of a decent "Benign Dictatorship again...)
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

Is it impolite to ask where Mr Miller is going?
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I think hes going to Ft Wayne IN.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Malamute wrote:I think hes going to Ft Wayne IN.
Yep. He's there but stuck with a truck full of their furniture he's not in shape to unload without hurtin hisself. Trying to round up some helpers before U-Haul has a conniption.

J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

We rolled into FT Wayne on the 10th of last month. Here's some pics:

Truck stuffed:
IMG_6115.JPG
Truck with my wife's PU on the trailer:
IMG_6118.JPG
We left the old house too late in the day to make it in one trip. It would have been midnight by the time we got to the new house. I couldn't do it. Besides , my night vision is badly hampered by old Rx lenses.
We crashed at a pet friendly Motel 6 somewhere just inside Indiana:

Computer suddenly very uncooperative. More later.

Joe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

After getting up the next morning the rest of the trip was uneventful except for one thing ...
IMG_6132.JPG
About 10 minutes from the house a gal pulled up beside me and yelled: "You've lost a tire!" Yep it was gone for sure. I never felt or heard it.
Within a half hour after calling the U-Haul customer service they had guy there with a big jack and a new tire.

Truck and trlr at the new place:
IMG_1866.JPG
It took us another 5 days to get the truck unloaded. Several members of my SIL's church came by to help. Without them I'm not sure we would have gotten it unloaded.

Joe