Rainy day elk

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Rainy day elk

Post by BigSky56 »

1/2 mile from the house bumped into these elk in the road this morning, one spike bull in the bunch. danny
1_001_03_03.JPG
1_001_03_04.JPG
1_001_03_05.JPG
1_001_03_06.JPG
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Rainy day elk

Post by Blaine »

Thanks for posting..... 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Outstanding. :D
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Danny , Sunday was cold and rain all day. the Wife wanted a roast so We cooked a sirloin tip from last years whitetail. turned out awesome. even the Wife was getting seconds. But it just can't hold a candle to the Elk I have had. please send several hundred My way. :wink: .
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks for posting... :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

45 you need to come out and whack one but with the current NR tag price it would pay to find a prime beef and butcher it. The last beef, a free martin heifer (sterile), that went out the cooler door was prime and was 1023#'s hanging I let her hang for 18 days then cut & wrapped all but the tenderloins held them for 45 days for mine my buddy who is a meat cutter let his go for 60 days we used some kind of wrap on them in cooler to control the crust got to say the 60 day meat was best beef Ive had the pleasure to put a fork in. One thing I have found on game that I hang I wipe them down inside and out with vinegar. danny
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Thanks for the tip on the vinegar Danny, this years deer I was only able to hang for five days as the temp started to go over 40*. We have never been allowed to age beef at work but when We still got hanging beef in the late '70's I aged a whole beef rib on the sly for three weeks.
We cooked it on a rotisserie over a charcoal fire for my Parents anniversary and it was a memorable meal for sure. heck with the beef I want an Elk. :lol: .