Any of you guys rockhounds?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Any of you guys rockhounds?

Post by 7.62 Precision »

Apparently the green argalite and the greywake here is collectable. While both are usually considered common, the stuff here is unique enough that some people come to find samples for their collections. Also found some agate. I could probably be persuaded to mail a couple samples . . .
milton
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Any of you guys rockhounds?

Post by milton »

Do you have any photos?I would love to see a collectible greywacke and the green argillite really sounds interesting! I guess you know that argillite has been used by native peoples for polished stone tools and weapons producing both a smooth physically attractive tool but one also capable of holding a usable edge.Any agate is interesting.I would love to see some photos!
Since I will probably never make it to Alaska I would love to have a small piece of the green argillite and I will gladly pay shipping .
"Knowledge without understanding is a dangerous thing. For a little knowledge entices us to walk its path, a bit more provides the foundation on which we take our stand, and a sufficient amount can erect a wall of knowledge around us, trapping us in our own ignorance."
SteveR
Senior Levergunner

Post by SteveR »

I would be very interested in some of the green argalite and some agate. Please let me know where to send you money, in a pm. I will never get to Alaska and would really love to chance to get some nice pieces for my collection.

Thanks,
Steve
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

SteveR wrote:I would be very interested in some of the green argalite and some agate. Please let me know where to send you money, in a pm. I will never get to Alaska and would really love to chance to get some nice pieces for my collection.

Thanks,
Steve
Me too, 7.62. Please IM me with details for payment and shipping. Thanks.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
DadsMod12
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DadsMod12 »

I am a rockhound/lapidary. I'm past the collecting point, but if you want me to cut and polish a piece of the agate, green argillite, or greywacke PM me. I just got a new (to me) diamond pacific pixie and this would give me an excuse to play with my new toy.

Dan
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

I'll gather up some samples and when things slow down here, I'll work on getting them to you guys.