Philippines 2015

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Philippines 2015

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well I'm sitting at the gate in Dullus waiting for my flight to Beijing and then on to Manila from there . Hope I dont takeany unexpected swims in the arctic !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Philippines 2015

Post by gamekeeper »

Have a safe and pleasant trip, give my regards to your family over there.. :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

OK 6 Point...have a happy time......be watchful of any Moro's with long knives.......and.......if you happen to "take the plunge", Well......can I have all your Parker double guns? :D ----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Thnx fellas ! I suspect if anything happens to me all my Pakas need to be sold for my wife !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Sadly Mindanao the island my wife lives is the strong hold island for the rebels and the ragheads although in essence they're one in the same !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Incidentally if I make it back in one piece I think I need to make a concerted effort to find a decent hammerless 8 gauge Paka :wink:
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Have fun and safe trip. Hope you send some good pics of food, scooters, jeepneys and beaches. Todd
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well I left Dullus 20 minutes behind schedule and that thew me off with the connector in Beijing since I didn't know how strict they'd be !

When I stepped off the plane I had 60 minutes to get thru immigration etec etc and get to the gate !

I literally ran theru the airport and got to immigration got thru that and ran to the metal detector stuff . The guy ran my back pack thru the detector three times . I thought the jig was up but I just wasn't sure what the problem could have been . On the third try he pretty much told me to get the heck out of there .

The flight to Manila was uneventfull and we just arrived in CDO at my sister in laws house !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Just got up and ate breakfast about an hour ago !

I got 12 hours of uninterrupted sleep for the first time in God knows how long . I actually feel great !!!!!

Now we can start doing whatever during my stay !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Just got back from a three day trip to the island of Camiguin . Took my wife , daughter , son in law , son in laws nephew , my sister in law , SIL's daughter and the daughters boyfriend .

Rather neat and clean island .

Had two rooms right on the beach and we could see what they call "The White Island" from our rooms . The white islands nothing more then a tidal island , but we took a native boat out to see it early Saturday morning , the boat ride alone was worth it to me . Later that day we had a fellow drive us around the island to a hot spring , a cold spring , a huge waterfall and a couple other attractions . Not my normal rountine when I vacation but they had a good time so it made me feel good !

Tuesday we'll go see "The Devine Mercey" , this is a smaller version of the statue that's in Rio De Janero .

And we'll have a piggy roast Saturday for my son in laws mother when she comes to visit .

Saw some carabau yesterday I wanted to photograph but I didn't get a chance . As a matter of fact pictures so far this trip have been few and far between for me .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Incidently the water at the cold spring and the waterfall were both high up in the "mountains" there and they were relatively cold . But by no means are they anywhere near as cold as the trout streams in the Blue Ridge mountains .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Dunno what today will bring it's early in the AM on Monday the 13th of April . But I think when we make the trip to the grocery/mall today I might scurry by the little gunshop in the mall and have a look at some black guns of handguns as that's about the extent of what one see's in a gunshop in the Philippines . I would be in utter shock if I saw a Marlin 39A here and would most likely have a full blown heart attack if I saw a Parker or AH Fox in a gunshop here .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well I'm leaving my sister in laws house in CDO at 4AM friday takes an hour to get to the airport from here so we should be at the terminal at 5;15ish and the flight takes off supposedly at 8:15ish . Arrive in Manila around 9;45ish and then on to our hotel . Take a nap and a shower then meet my wifes sister in law and three nieces for lunch .

Later back to the hotel and early sleep my flight out of NAIA is at 6:30 AM saturday so I wish to be at the terminal around 3 AM . About a 5 hour flight to Biejing then about a 90 minute layover hoping I can get thru to the flight back to Dullus . 14 hours later I should be landing in Dullus at approx 2:45PM saturday and home by lets say 5 PM !
plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

Post by plowboy 45 »

Dadgum you a travlin son of a gun
Sounds like yall havin a good but busy time
Be safe and enjoy
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

plowboy 45 wrote:Dadgum you a travlin son of a gun
Be safe and enjoy
If I can get to Beijing and catch my connecter back to Dullus on time I'll be one happy camper !

Got 90 minutes if everything runs smoothly to get from one plane to the other . On the way over I got thru in about 40 minutes , but it was at 10PM when I come home I hit Beijing at about 11AM on a Saturday . Not so great a time for a close connection I'm afraid .
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Just enjoy the last couple of days you have, and worry about the connection then!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

To be honest if I got home in good shape Saturday I wouldn't mind getting in a puddle jumper and flying to Sanford NC for the last day of the "Southern Side by Side" .

But that's a bit of a stretch , besides that I'm not entered for the last days events .
plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

Post by plowboy 45 »

6pt-sika wrote:
Be safe and enjoy
If I can get to Beijing and catch my connecter back to Dullus on time I'll be one happy camper !

Got 90 minutes if everything runs smoothly to get from one plane to the other . On the way over I got thru in about 40 minutes , but it was at 10PM when I come home I hit Beijing at about 11AM on a Saturday . Not so great a time for a close connection I'm afraid .

Glad your on the ground and safe, and had a good time
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

plowboy 45 wrote:
6pt-sika wrote:
Be safe and enjoy

Glad your on the ground and safe, and had a good time
Oh no I'm still in CDO and don't leave here until early in the AM .

Friday to Manila and early Saturday to Beijing and then hopefully on schedule to Dullus the same day .

To be honest I fly one trip a year and that's to see my wife and back . After my one trip a year here and back I can't really afford anymore the rest of the year !
J35
Levergunner 3.0

Post by J35 »

Maybe you should take in a few cockfights while visiting there and let your relatives place a few bets for you, pretty good chance 50/50, kinda like roulette betting red or black :) only a lot more exciting.

Have a safe trip

---------J
Keep The Peace, Love and Harmony, These are the Gold Nuggets, All Else Is Sand !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

J35nut wrote:Maybe you should take in a few cockfights while visiting there and let your relatives place a few bets for you, pretty good chance 50/50, kinda like roulette betting red or black :) only a lot more exciting.

Have a safe trip

---------J
I'm not big into the gambling scene !

My idea of gambling is $2 a week on Mega Millions . Two drawings a week equates to $104 a year I can handle loosing that amount .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Left for the CDO airport at 3:45 AM this morning . Got good seats and was in Manila by 8 AM .

Traffic however was a ...... well you get the idea .

Got to the hotel by 9:30 AM got early check in , showered and went to meet my brother in laws wife and his three daughters . My wife hadn't seen them in a couple years .

We had a very nice lunch then went around some followed by a trip to a ice cream shop .

Now we're back in the hotel deciding where to go for dinner . Gonna check out at 3:30 AM and my flight takes off at 6:30AM .
BAGTIC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by BAGTIC »

6pt-sika wrote:
J35nut wrote:Maybe you should take in a few cockfights while visiting there and let your relatives place a few bets for you, pretty good chance 50/50, kinda like roulette betting red or black :) only a lot more exciting.

Have a safe trip

---------J
I'm not big into the gambling scene !

My idea of gambling is $2 a week on Mega Millions . Two drawings a week equates to $104 a year I can handle loosing that amount .
Those cockfights can be hazardous to your health. My [Filipino] brother-in-law got so excited he had a heart attack and died on the spot.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I'm back home in Virginia now !

Connection in Beijing was pretty much uneventful !

Actually got there 20 minutes ahead of schedule and when I got to my boarding gate for my flight to Dullus I was there about an hour before time .

I didn't want to leave my wife and would have liked to stay another 3-6 weeks . But I gotta say I was glad when I walked in the front door here as well . The trip over is fun but the trip back home is kinda a bummer .