First fish of the year

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Dave
Senior Levergunner

First fish of the year

Post by Dave »

A buddy called wanting to go fishing at a nearby pond. The property owner wanted the fish thinned out some. What kind of people would we be if we refused to help that man? We showed up today and in a couple hours had a good many. It was a good time with a lot of action. Mostly brim. A few bass and crappie. I used my 1975 vintage Diawa ultralight rig I bought new. Still a great pole. My partner is a guy I recently met. He grew up on a horse ranch in Mexico. They hunt a lot down there and his relatives are Mexican cowboys. He showed me vids of them doing fancy riding, lasso tricks, and other cool stuff. Pretty cool. My buddy claims they have an original Henry rifle along with other guns they keep stashed from the govt. He is as country as a butterbean. I guess no matter where you grow up a farm boy is a farm boy. He doesn't have a lever of his own. More of a bow hunter. May let him borrow a lever and see if he gets hooked. We had a large time today for sure.

Last edited by Dave on Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Re: First fish of the year

Post by rjohns94 »

Awesome score. Well done
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

Nice stringer of fish. Looks like a fish fry to me!
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ok, nice, now where are we in TN?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

Old Savage wrote:Ok, nice, now where are we in TN?
When it comes to fishing everything is classified :lol:
Dan 444
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dan 444 »

Good eatin' fish. Get the oil heating. I'll bring the cold ones. :mrgreen:

Dan
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Fish as in plural!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I gotta get one of those rotary scalers that throw the scales way out away from me....Other than that, I used to gut them, head them, wash them, and fry them up......the crispy tails were always a favorite.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV