A good levergun day today

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Dave
Senior Levergunner

A good levergun day today

Post by Dave »

I went into a local place yesterday. They had purchased a bunch of confiscation guns from some police department somewhere. They had a few good ones, but most were not something that would make your heart beat faster. Then the girl showed me two Marlin 39A's. I felt a hot feeling go through my whole body. One was an oil finish stock, fatwood gun, that looked pretty good. The other was a 70's vintage gun with skinny wood and marshield on the wood in about the same condition. My nostrils were flaring and I could feel my neck starting to swell as I went into full rut. Then she told me both of them were on hold for another guy who was going to come look at them. I looked at the price tags and they both said $249. I almost went into full arrest. I knew the guy who was coming to look at them. I knew he would buy both.

There was only one thing to do. I called him. I told him the guns were good but showed use and had a few freckles. On the other hand they were original and all there. He and I go way back. I told him I wanted the skinny wood gun. He said he couldn't promise anything but had spent a lot of money on guns lately. He called back a couple hours later and said he was buying the fat wood gun but not the one I wanted. I told him to tell them I would be by the next day to get it.

It cleaned up pretty good. It really hasn't been shot a lot. It has been a long time since I got a good deal on a 39A. In fact it seems levers have gone up a lot and it is getting harder to find good ones. Pawn shops here used to be full of Winchester 94's and Marlin 336's but not any more.

So here it is. I didn't need it and probably can't afford it but like the song says "For that price I can't resist".

plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

Re: A good levergun day today

Post by plowboy 45 »

Thats a good lookin rifle
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

plowboy 45 wrote:Thats a good lookin rifle
+1.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

$249?!?

You would have been insane, need it or not, to pass on that deal!!! 8) :mrgreen: :D
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

I've bought guns like that for far less than that, the problem with that is it was 40 years ago :lol:
you got a great bargain & a fine gun!!!
dang wish I would have kept 1 of them :cry:

ollogger
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

Ysabel Kid wrote:$249?!?

You would have been insane, need it or not, to pass on that deal!!! 8) :mrgreen: :D
I'm just glad my buddy passed on it. He could have gotten it but he took care of me on it. It is actually in better shape than my pet gun. It is probably my good deal for the year.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Dave, Good on You. I don't think you saw My post from the other day but it's much the same as Yours. but I came across a Marlin CL in .218 Bee. :shock: .http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... =1&t=62801
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

.45colt wrote:Dave, Good on You. I don't think you saw My post from the other day but it's much the same as Yours. but I came across a Marlin CL in .218 Bee. :shock: .http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... =1&t=62801
Congrats! That is a hard one to find. This may turn out to be the year of the blind pig.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

GREAT DEAL....CONGRATS...
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I paid $300 for my 39 AS over 10 years ago. I'd say you did well. It's nice to have friends.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
t.r.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by t.r. »

I've always admired that model. Good hunting to you!

TR
Fire Up the Grill - Hunting is NOT Catch & Release!
Dan 444
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dan 444 »

That's a great price! Nice gun!
Dan
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

Ysabel Kid wrote:$249?!?

YEP. And I thought my 39a was picked up at a great price! I mean, it was, but that's outstanding.
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Dave....super!

What I like about the whole gig is that you live in a state where things are done right.........selling confiscated guns back to the public...........very unlike communist states where they melt them down.----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD