Wild Game Dinner.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Wild Game Dinner.

Post by .45colt »

A few years ago the Wife and I were looking for a Church, after radical changes in our previous one. after attending several We tried one about 25 minutes away. the Eagleville Bible Church. I could fill the page about it but will just say It's like being Home again.
Last night they had a Wild Game Dinner. 500 tickets were sold in advance, wild boar,and venison were the main items on the menu. along with mashed potatoes, green beans and a whole host of donated pies along with ice cream for dessert.
Guest speaker was Dr. Larry Moyer who now hails from Texas. A life long Hunter and Pastor who has travelled much of the world Hunting and spreading the Word. He presented an outstanding slide show of His travels. It was an awesome evening, with a raffle that must have included more than 30 door prizes, the highlight of which was a new Marlin 1895 45-70. Great all around. Never thought Church could be like this.
http://www.evantell.org/about-us/press- ... g-wildlife
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Wild Game Dinner.

Post by Pete44ru »

I'm glad you've settled down.

Now - Didja win the Marlin ? . :mrgreen:

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

It's more than excellent that you've found a place that you can worship that is also fun, and interesting to you.....Is it sort of a Cowboy Church?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

45, Ive eaten bear, lion, mtn goat and bobcat smokies they were good not so good was bighorn my cowdogs wouldnt eat it raw or cooked. I believe the best wild meat is pronghorn. danny
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

great link, thanks.

we've used evantell tracts, good stuff.

Grizz

best wild meat I recall is Tracy Arm mountain goat.

better texture and flavor than sitka blacktails.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

BigSky56 wrote:45, Ive eaten bear, lion, mtn goat and bobcat smokies they were good not so good was bighorn my cowdogs wouldnt eat it raw or cooked. I believe the best wild meat is pronghorn. danny
Funny how it is with different places and different people. I also like antelope, the ones I shot were does and young ones. Others in the area think of antelope as something akin to skunks.

Bob Marshal wrote in the his book Arctic Village that the guys in Wiseman would go several days travel to get mountain sheep, as they thought it the best meat they could get.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

sheep in the rut are bad juju pronghorn are fine eating if you kill them quick dont let them get cranked up and wipe them down with white vinegar it neutralizes any body fluids. the only bad one I had, my BIL's, was a buck that had been pushed for miles and shot. danny
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Pete, No I didn't win the Marlin :cry: .. :lol: . but I have two 45-70's so We know I just...don't... need... another. :shock: .
Blaine, it's not a "Cowboy Church" but If a bunch showed up I'm sure they would be welcome.