Jeep Chief Concept.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Jeep Chief Concept.

Post by cshold »

Retro, I like it 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Re: Jeep Chief Concept.

Post by claybob86 »

I like it too! What's the story on it?
Have you hugged your rifle today?
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Hmmm, back half looks to be an International Harvester Scout, front half is a 70's Wagoneer maybe.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

claybob86 wrote:I like it too! What's the story on it?

http://www.topspeed.com/trucks/truck-re ... 68311.html
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

jnyork wrote:Hmmm, back half looks to be an International Harvester Scout, front half is a 70's Wagoneer maybe.
My exact thought. Someone left a Wagoneer parked next to a Scout and shazaam, a Scoutoneer :lol:

The paint scheme is nauseating.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Where's the concept part? Looks like they just slightly reworked an older Jeep Wagoneer.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

The "C" pillar has been disappeared (a biggie), for one thing - making it reminiscent of the pillar-less hardtop convertible models of the 60's & 70's - and the angles of the grill & front end are also radically different.

I like it, especially since it provokes the memories of the older Jeeps, before AMC, then Chrysler took them over.

claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Grizz wrote:
The paint scheme is nauseating.
Paint looks gooooood after seeing the interior. :|
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by Mainehunter »

marlinman93 wrote:Where's the concept part? Looks like they just slightly reworked an older Jeep Wagoneer.
OOOOMMMMMGGGGGG!!!!!!! :shock: That baby looks GORGEOUS :mrgreen:

Mainehunter :wink:
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

The door hinges are like a cj on the front and the pillar isn't different the window post is gone.giving it a hard top look and some cj style has been added in the flairs too. mite be on a shortened wheel base also.

I bet thats a new jeep with the old front and rear changed to look old.1 of those you can take the top+doors off of. can't think of the model name.
windshield is to flat doors are smaller and shaped different thats like a cj7 customized. no way is it a old cherakee,body is to different.I had several of the old 70's cherakees and they wernt anything like that blue 1.
JOHNNY WACKO
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzevezzx/john ... dproducts/
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Here in the "SALT BELT" of Obama Land the local body shop stays busy repainting those door hinges on wranglers under warranty. As much as I would like to see a new Jeep off roader built I doubt I could afford the sticker................. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: .
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Wow, an interior to puke for. :shock:

As near as I can tell, it is a 2-WHEEL DRIVE!! :o

What good is it with only 2-wheel drive? :roll:
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I like the look.

If it's built and performs like a JEEP, I like it.

Best Jeep I ever owned was a full-sized Cherokee Scout.

If it's a prettyied-up, sissified station-wagon, they can keep it.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

marlinman93 wrote:Where's the concept part? Looks like they just slightly reworked an older Jeep Wagoneer.
The are running with Ford's idea (sadly the T-bird was a miserable example). But Chevy and Dodge have done well with the Camero and Charger/Challenger respectively.

Though "IF" Jeep really wanted to do a retro, just make the CJ-5 again. No need to change anything, and I mean anything, it would sell like hotcakes.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
92&94
Senior Levergunner

Post by 92&94 »

jeepnik wrote:Though "IF" Jeep really wanted to do a retro, just make the CJ-5 again. No need to change anything, and I mean anything, it would sell like hotcakes.
Got to agree with that one. :mrgreen:

Friend of mine had an 02 wrangler or whatever they call them now (then). Decent Jeep on the whole, I could have owned one of those if they were a little more useful or if I were still doing a lot of field work.

That concept truck is kinda silly though. Some kiddo looked at old pics of Jeeps and then put a modern spin on it - short glass and top like the Toyota FJ and moron tires right from the factory. I remember that paint scheme from the '70's, now all they need is the original Quadra-trash transfer case to go with the paint!

I'll take one like marlinman93 posted any day of the week.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

These have been available in Europe for a while and it seems will be coming to a dealer near you in 2016, I would like one for sure. http://newpickuptrucks2016.com/2016-jee ... r-concept/
Rumble.com/ hickock45
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

jnyork wrote:Wow, an interior to puke for. :shock:

Dana 44's on both ends with lockers installed? --- not a 2wd

--- I've got a Wrangler thats only been in 4wd once - to test it. Otherwise, -snow, ice, dirt, off road --- all have been fair game for the little monkey in 2wd mode ---- The short wheelbase manages to stay hooked up , when i would otherwise be blowing off the tires in one of my trucks
----- Doug
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

92&94 wrote:That concept truck is kinda silly though. Some kiddo looked at old pics of Jeeps and then put a modern spin on it - short glass and top like the Toyota FJ and moron tires right from the factory. I remember that paint scheme from the '70's, now all they need is the original Quadra-trash transfer case to go with the paint!

I suspect they are just following suit with the New Mustangs, Camaros, and Chargers that are out there that have been recreated with a RETRO look. I like it except for those darn seat covers.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I like the look, and if done right, it would have some practicality for suburban soccer moms. Although, it better seal up good for inclement weather! Interior coverings in this example tend to make me think it was either for some hippie-chickster or something out of the gay parade! :P :P W/o 4WD it's just another boulevard cruiser w/offroad pretensions. I don't see it as a real off-road vehicle, I suspect it would suffer some serious body flex. Off-road trails could chew it up, looks fine for hard-packed sand or gravel roads, but don't plan on taking it up a boulder strewn creek or wash.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Streetstar wrote:

Dana 44's on both ends with lockers installed? --- not a 2wd

--- I've got a Wrangler thats only been in 4wd once - to test it. Otherwise, -snow, ice, dirt, off road --- all have been fair game for the little monkey in 2wd mode ---- The short wheelbase manages to stay hooked up , when i would otherwise be blowing off the tires in one of my trucks
Yup....a basic, no option, 2dr Wrangler here.....It really does not need 4wd all that much...There are mountain forest service roads where the 4wd makes me feel very comfortable. I was sitting in a crater with the nose pointed up, in mud, and I needed the 4wd.... 8) Stock sized everything....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

I like it.

I just got a wrangler myself and have been enjoying it also.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Interior
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Griff wrote: W/o 4WD it's just another boulevard cruiser w/offroad pretensions. I don't see it as a real off-road vehicle, .

Again -- twin Dana 44's w/ lockers installed --- thats modern Rubicon spec
----- Doug
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Streetstar wrote:
Griff wrote: W/o 4WD it's just another boulevard cruiser w/offroad pretensions. I don't see it as a real off-road vehicle, .
Okay, a locker for the rear... but driveability dictates a limited-slip in the front! Steering's SO much easier!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

I am pretty sure it said that both axles lock.

YEP, here is the specs on that.

Unlike the rest of the classic styling of the exterior or the custom interior, the Jeep Chief concept sticks with what the stock Wrangler’s 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 and six-speed manual transmission. While a V-8 or diesel swap would make this concept even better, Jeep focused its attention on improving the Chief’s off-road driving abilities. To do so, it raided the Jeep Performance Parts catalog including a cold air intake, two-inch lift with Fox shocks and Dana 44s with lockers at both axles.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

horsesoldier03 wrote:
92&94 wrote:That concept truck is kinda silly though. Some kiddo looked at old pics of Jeeps and then put a modern spin on it - short glass and top like the Toyota FJ and moron tires right from the factory. I remember that paint scheme from the '70's, now all they need is the original Quadra-trash transfer case to go with the paint!

Jury is still out on the new Mustang, I hope it's a better rendition than the T-Bird.

I suspect they are just following suit with the New Mustangs, Camaros, and Chargers that are out there that have been recreated with a RETRO look. I like it except for those darn seat covers.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Streetstar wrote:

"Modern" Rubicon? Read I can't figure out how to get over it in my stock Jeep, so I'll just give up and go home.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I think thats the Mailbu Barbie interior.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

jeepnik wrote:
Streetstar wrote:

"Modern" Rubicon? Read I can't figure out how to get over it in my stock Jeep, so I'll just give up and go home.

The Rubicon is Jeep's tour de force if you will - your internet handle is Jeepnik so you already know this
---- No --- I dont need twin lockers - or even one locker , --- a standard limited slip back and open front axle is fine with me ----- But i was merely stating that this rig is definitely 4wd and some attention has been paid to it

-------- I personally dont get joy out of trying to get my vehicle stuck or piddling around on rock formations when i can just drive around them --- but that is who they are pandering to ---- the redneck idiot brigade who seems to love to drown out late model high dollar vehicles in creek crossings and mud bogs and the like --------- but the fact remains, the potential performance is there i suppose --- but this is a concept vehicle - by the time it makes production (if it ever does) - there will be 3 different trim and performance levels and the hawaiian tropic interior will be bye bye --
----- Doug
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Looks like they crossed a Commando with a Wagoneer. Just need a good 200 cu. inch diesel for economy and low end grunt that isnt compuetr controled.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

the redneck idiot brigade who seems to love to drown out late model high dollar vehicles in creek crossings and mud bogs and the like
Bwaahahahahaaaa.....Run it on Saturday, fix it on Sunday..... :lol: :lol:
A fella can have tons of fun with a Wrangler without being silly with it :lol: If I don't have a wench, I'm not tempted. 8)

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Ecclesiastes 1:9

The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. :wink:
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

BlaineG wrote:
If I don't have a wench, I'm not tempted. 8)

If i had a wench or two, ----- i'd be sorely tempted
----- Doug
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

1950 8)
92&94
Senior Levergunner

Post by 92&94 »

Just Empty Every Pocket :mrgreen:
92&94
Senior Levergunner

Post by 92&94 »

casastahle wrote:1950 8)
My dad had some of those early wagons - engine of the 20,000 mile valve job :lol:

"He who own Jeep will know frustration" -- Dad, 1991 when I bought a 1970 Wagoneer.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Streetstar wrote:
BlaineG wrote:

Oh, they are tempting. But just make sure they don't belong to someone else if you decide to use them. :mrgreen:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

92&94 wrote:Just Empty Every Pocket :mrgreen:
Very true, but it's so much fun going broke this way. You could just sit around the house and invest in things like stocks and bonds, then worry every time the market takes a dip.

Nope, I like "solid" investments like Jeeps and guns. :lol:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

jeepnik wrote:
92&94 wrote:Just Empty Every Pocket :mrgreen:
Very true, but it's so much fun going broke this way. You could just sit around the house and invest in things like stocks and bonds, then worry every time the market takes a dip.

Nope, I like "solid" investments like Jeeps and guns. :lol:
As the old saying goes when it comes to investing. "Don't put all your eggs in one basket". :)
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Streetstar wrote:
BlaineG wrote:

:oops: Stupid otto korrect...it's your wurst enema.....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV