POLITICS - Philadelphia gun smokescreen

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

POLITICS - Philadelphia gun smokescreen

Post by homefront »

The new "management" in Philadelphia has decided that defying the Pennsylvania State Constitution will win support for Hillary in her bid for president.
Rather than enforcing the existing and more than adequate plethora of gun laws, and rather than addressing the real causes of crime, Mayor Nutjob and his cronies have created another stinking political smoke screen; the signing into city law 5 new gun laws that will impact no one but lawful gun owners/buyers.
It makes absolutely no sense to anyone with a brain, unless viewed from this point of view: to the law ignorant public, it makes the Democrat sponsors of this garbage look like the heroic protectors of the innocent victims of "gun crime". They, of course, are also supporting Hillary Clinton. Not coincidentally, the TV and radio ads in which Mayor Nutjob proudly promotes Hillary are all over the local media.
When the NRA and many others challenge the city on the breach of state law, there will be (more) national attention given to this situation, and I'm betting Hillary gets behind this illegal legislation as part of her campaign. The dems, including Rendell, are playing a political game here on a national scale, to garner support. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYONE'S SAFETY - IT'S TO GIVE HILLARY A PIVOTAL ISSUE TO SCREECH ABOUT WHILE SHE CAMPAIGNS HERE, AND WILL EFFECT OUR SECOND AMENDMENT FIGHT NATIONWIDE! Everyone should fight this!
http://www.kyw1060.com/pages/1980590.ph ... Id=1864907
t.r.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by t.r. »

The crime problem is not guns.

The crime problem is all about creeps who have zero fear of Judges and the Penal System. East Coast Judges tend to be soft on crime which makes a mockery of victim's rights.

Reading, PA has a severe crime problem inherited from NYC. When NYC got tough on crime, the bad guys re-located to more liberal environs.

All it would take to clean up Philly & Reading are these human factors:
- replace City Prosecuter
- replace Police Commissioner
- replace Chief of Police
- replace every liberal Judge
- replace Mayor

TR
Fire Up the Grill - Hunting is NOT Catch & Release!
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

The other measures approved on Thursday include a ban on certain semiautomatic weapons, and a bill that lets police confiscate guns from people whom the officers consider to be a risk to themselves or others.
Here we go again :evil:
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

See Bill Cosby's quote(s) elsewhere on this forum.

A coupla of ineffectual guns laws are not gonna solve
Philadelphia's problems.

It plays to the bleeding-heart left and the media, though.
oldgerboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldgerboy »

That is just another item in the continuing Philthadelphia saga that has touched many parts of PA government thanks in part to Fast Eddie, the Gov ... take a look at a picture of the Mayor of the great city ... if that isn't a scuzzy looking character ...
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Homefront,
I saw that on the news today and I just had to laugh. As you know, Pennsylvania is one of the last "free states" in the East. This joker that is mayor actually thinks he can bypass the law and do what he wants. Sounds to me he is just like 99% of the inhabitants. After all, it is near a lawless city.
I just don't have an answer to this quagmire us Pa. residents are in. I can't believe those so called leaders are that stupid. The druggies will just go outside of the city to get their goods.
I say we build a Mexico/U.S border type 12' fence all around Philly and let 'em kill each other off.----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

Pennsylvania is one of the last "free states" in the East. This joker that is mayor actually thinks he can bypass the law and do what he wants.
That's the thing... I don't think it's that simple. I think the national demoncratic party and the run for the presidency is involved, as we will soon find out. Pa is being used as a pawn in their game.
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

Since the root cause of gun violence in Philly and elsewhere is drugs(which are already illegal), it blows my mind that they don't want to concentrate on that even greater problem. The politicians are treating cancer with aspirin and looking for results.
How many were killed in Philly last year, something like 400 or so? How many of those were drug related? I do not know the answer to that question but it probably was the overwhelming majority. Seems to me that was cheaper than prosecuting and jailing those that would have otherwise been declared "guilty" if they did make it to court.
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

kaschi wrote:Since the root cause of gun violence in Philly and elsewhere is drugs(which are already illegal), it blows my mind that they don't want to concentrate on that even greater problem. The politicians are treating cancer with aspirin and looking for results.
How many were killed in Philly last year, something like 400 or so? How many of those were drug related? I do not know the answer to that question but it probably was the overwhelming majority. Seems to me that was cheaper than prosecuting and jailing those that would have otherwise been declared "guilty" if they did make it to court.
Well I suspect there is more than a few lefties that would love to legalize several street drugs.Although I recall BILL didn't inhale.... :cry:
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."