this 1 got away win. 55

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

this 1 got away win. 55

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

$500 and i was broke at the time 30/30 takedown
winchester m 55 and he had the leather case at home it went in. was his paps.
JOHNNY WACKO
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzevezzx/john ... dproducts/
arjunky
Levergunner 3.0

Re: this 1 got away win. 55

Post by arjunky »

:cry: , no words.
Byron
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

He went to a big Cabale's and they gave him $900 on a trade for a $2000 kimber in 308 i think it was
JOHNNY WACKO
arjunky
Levergunner 3.0

Post by arjunky »

They'll probably put $1,995 on it. :shock:
Byron
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

mite have been gander mtn,but i bet the guy behind the counter took it home,i would have.I had it a week and could not get the cash up in time. My cash is the first of the month when my renters pay me. and it was tax time too. I cried like a baby when it left.$400 would have saved the day and i had like $200 or so.
JOHNNY WACKO
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

night mare for sure, dang hate when that happens!!!

ollogger
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

ollogger wrote:night mare for sure, dang hate when that happens!!!
ollogger
Been there, done that, have the cryin' towel!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

I would had to have pawned something if a deal like that came my way! Sorry you weren't able to come up with the cash. I've never seen one with the leather case with it for sale.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Wow. Really nice
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Traded an $1100 Kimber .308 for a primo 99 Savage EG in .250 and figure I got the best of the deal. My first experience on a board was here where I came to find opinions on its value. Surprise, you have to register to post. They asked for a name. First thing that came to my mind was Old Savage since I came here to find information on an old savage. This one happened to be as old as KirkD.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

JOHNNY WACKO wrote:mite have been gander mtn,but i bet the guy behind the counter took it home,i would have.I had it a week and could not get the cash up in time. My cash is the first of the month when my renters pay me. and it was tax time too. I cried like a baby when it left.$400 would have saved the day and i had like $200 or so.
You should have put a post on GO FUND ME dot COM and then posted a thread here. We would have all pitched in the help you out!
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

I was going to hide for a week till i had the cash but he was in a hurry to sell his paps gun for the second time.He got it back once before.found it at a gun show 9 years later and paid $1200 to get it back that time. Shows you can be stupid twice with 1 gun. I did get the 39a thats in the pictures of 2014 i posted for $200 that he had for 30 years and a biretta 950 22 short for selling his Blaser and 3 barrels on gun broker. My dads guns got stolen from me in 1974 and i think thats why i can not stop buying guns today. I have over 40 guns that were dead friends and there kins guns .
JOHNNY WACKO
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

JW, I'm truly sorry you missed out on that rifle. Hopefully someone gets it that will appreciate it half as much as you wanted it.

All of us have missed deals due to being short financially at least once, for me it's been several times. But the two that always stick in my mind are a DCM papered International Harvester M1 Garand that was mint for $250 and a slick Belgium Browning BLR in .358 Winchester for $200. I was a cop in a small town at the time, bringing home less than $700 per month and the 1st wife was a college student full time. By the time I sweet talked her into letting me float a bank note for 6 months to get them they were gone, both times. Next time it happened I didn't ask, just did it and wound up with a sweet Model 12 Winchester 12ga for $150. That was the first time I ever made her cry, she and I had a deal and I broke it. Couldn't stand to look at it anymore so I sold the gun for a little profit, paid off the bank and took her out to eat. Never did it again.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
jonboy 69
Levergunner

Post by jonboy 69 »

sorry for your loss. hate it when your gun poor and something nice pops up. my memory is terrible but later didn't winchester run or mix the 55's serial numbers in with the 94's?
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

JOHNNY WACKO wrote:mite have been gander mtn,but i bet the guy behind the counter took it home,i would have.I had it a week and could not get the cash up in time. My cash is the first of the month when my renters pay me. and it was tax time too. I cried like a baby when it left.$400 would have saved the day and i had like $200 or so.

IMO, that's exactly why the Lord invented plastic. ;)

I would have run to an ATM and gotten a cash advance.