1887 winchester clone norinco

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

1887 winchester clone norinco

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

JOHNNY WACKO
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzevezzx/john ... dproducts/
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Re: 1887 winchester clone norinco

Post by GonnePhishin »

Nice lookin' piece ya got there. How smoothly does it cycle and how is the trigger? 2 3/4 and 3 inch shells?
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

2 3/4 and you better lever it hard to get it to eject the spent hull off the bolt head.Trigger is nice but is small in size.And it kicks like a mule,but what fun it is to shoot.
JOHNNY WACKO
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

JOHNNY WACKO wrote:2 3/4 and you better lever it hard to get it to eject the spent hull off the bolt head.Trigger is nice but is small in size.And it kicks like a mule,but what fun it is to shoot.
Got one. you're right, gotta lever hard, and it will work every time. At 50 yards with the cheapo Remington sluggers, I'm middle to deer at 50 yards. 8)
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Dwight Yoakam made a western about 10 years ago or so in which he used one of those at the end of the movie. Happy shootin' :D
Maybe the more its cycled it will loosen up some.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

That would be nice,i hear were guys tune them up.But i just shoot for fun so i won't mess with it. It will not shoot my reloads.hull hangs up on the bolt head.Have to pull them off 1/2 the time so i shoot factory clay loads mostly.7 1/2 or 8 shot.They work fine if you just at the end of the travel cock harder. the last 1/2" were the ejectors do there job.
JOHNNY WACKO
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

JOHNNY WACKO wrote:That would be nice,i hear were guys tune them up.But i just shoot for fun so i won't mess with it. It will not shoot my reloads.hull hangs up on the bolt head.Have to pull them off 1/2 the time so i shoot factory clay loads mostly.7 1/2 or 8 shot.They work fine if you just at the end of the travel cock harder. the last 1/2" were the ejectors do there job.
Every time I see these I'm like DO WANT and then i hear all the horror stories around the nornico versions and pass. Which is too bad. I'd seriously love one.
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

I have one that is slicked up for SASS/CAS. It feeds & shoots any an all I select to feed the piece.
There is a Cowboy Shooter in Ohio by the Alias name of Lassiter, he will tune 1887's so they are slicker than a Toads tongue.
Mine is set up for the "drop Two" feature. You load Two shells from the top at the same time, on top of each other. This is for a very prompt and fast follow up shot.
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

mine will load 2 but i herd of that guy and was wondering if i should do that to mine. it works OK now if you know the routine on the lever.I herd $175 for the tune up. most of these i was watching were going for $700 i got this 1 from a estate sale for $400.they don't inport this maker any more since like 06 and that I.C.A 1 i handled was a piece of stuff beside this 1. But i herd they work ok.

I have the same Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40 ,mite be a cattleman pistol both new unfired in boxes
JOHNNY WACKO