Heading to MO to harvest protein!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rbertalotto
Senior Levergunner

Heading to MO to harvest protein!

Post by rbertalotto »

Truck is loaded for the 24 hour drive to Stover Missouri to harvest some protein! My old hunting partner, Paul and I are on another roadtrip.

(Yea, I WISH that was my truck!)

This is Ol' Paint...

Finally decided on the two guns I'll be using......

My custom Winchester 92 in 45LC with hard cast, gas check 285g lead bullets

(There is an article on my web page about building this rifle... http://www.rvbprecision.com )

And for longer range shots in the bean field and on the power lines my old Winchester Model 70 Featherweight in 270 with Nosler 130g Ballistic Tips over XXg of Vit-160

I have another one in 6.5 X 55 but I couldn't get that fancy Swarovski scope to hold zero and I didn't have time to screw with it. The 270 was shooting little tiny quarter size groups at 100 yds for three shots with a $250 Lupold 3-9X. It got the nod!

Now I just need to find a nice 12 pointer.......In Missouri where we hunt you can't shoot anything with less than 8 points. I've already got nice 8 pointers on the wall and a fantastic 10 pointer from two years ago. Self imposed limit is 12 points...or does to fill the freezer.

Wish me luck!
Roy B
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com
hayabusa
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Heading to MO to harvest protein!

Post by hayabusa »

You sure have my wish for all good luck.

busa
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Good luck! I'll be in the woods about an hour NE of you. First weekend I'll be looking for a wall hanger, after that any legal buck will do, freezer is getting low!

Btw, I'm diggin that Power Wagon! 8)
NRA Life Member
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:( I'm in the wrong state for deer hunting.....

That's a kick-butt 92, there.... :mrgreen:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by EdinCT »

Good luck ! I always loved that featherweight stock ! I really blew it when I let a 257 Roberts get away just like it. My dad had a power wagon carry all he bought new surplus for 700 dollars I think he said. We had a lot of good times in it on the dunes and in the woods!
Hope you find that 12 point!
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

Don't waste your time in the woods, from what I've seen cruising I-70 and I-44 the best hunting spots are near the super slab!