OT: To my Brothers and anyone else that cares.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

OT: To my Brothers and anyone else that cares.

Post by MikeS. »

Last night I was raised to the degree of Master Mason. Yeah!
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

congrats.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Congratulations Mike.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Well done!

Will you be able to do the third chatechism at the next stated? It's easier while the first two are still fresh.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

I qualify as "anyone else".

My grandfather was a mason. He never spoke to me about it; my dad told me when grandpa was getting up in years. I respected my grandfather who was a man who didn't waste time with useless activities. By extension I respect the masons.

Congratulations!
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

Tyler, probably not. Next is 2 weeks away and I won't be able to start until next week.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Jefferson county, WV.
ScottT
Shootist

Post by ScottT »

Welcome Brother!!!

God bless you on your jorney!
mklwhite
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mklwhite »

Congratulations! :D
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

homefront wrote:I qualify as "anyone else".

My grandfather was a mason. He never spoke to me about it; my dad told me when grandpa was getting up in years. I respected my grandfather who was a man who didn't waste time with useless activities. By extension I respect the masons.

Congratulations!
Dittos for me.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Here's a question for you Masons.

My Dad was a Mason and while we lived in Oklahoma City, OK he rose to the position of the Senior Mason of the Lodge that he belonged to. I don't know what the position was called. I do remember him talking through the years of achieving the rank of Master Mason and something about 32º.

I never joined the Masons and when my Dad passed away, I came across all his books and papers that had to do with the Masons. Knowing that a lot of what was in those books and papers was suppose to be "secret", I never went through them or read them out of respect for my Dad. The bulk of the books and papers were generated in the late 1930's through the early 1950's.

Anyway, the books and papers are tied in a neat bundle and I plan on either having them sent to the Lodge in Oklahoma City that my Dad belonged to or I plan on having them burned when I pass on. I would have disposed of them when he died but they represent a part of him to me so, I have held on to them.

Does that sound like a plan?
ED
Yer never too old
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Mike,
That is a fine accomplishment. Well done. I have since changed my view of the Masons. After that last fiasco on the board, I got myself educated on the inner workings of this group. My nephew, a Mason, who's grandfather is the Master and oldest member of the Masons here in this county sat down with me and talked candidly for over an hour.

I no longer believe that Satanism is involved, except for maybe the Masters of the Masters of which they are in a group among themselves. Even on that, I am going on "heresay".
I believe the Mason's hearts and minds are in the right places. It all boils down to a group of guys who have high standards of living, and wish to keep it that way. (which we all should have) ----------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

mklwhite
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mklwhite »

Modoc ED wrote:Here's a question for you Masons.

My Dad was a Mason and while we lived in Oklahoma City, OK he rose to the position of the Senior Mason of the Lodge that he belonged to. I don't know what the position was called. I do remember him talking through the years of achieving the rank of Master Mason and something about 32º.

I never joined the Masons and when my Dad passed away, I came across all his books and papers that had to do with the Masons. Knowing that a lot of what was in those books and papers was suppose to be "secret", I never went through them or read them out of respect for my Dad. The bulk of the books and papers were generated in the late 1930's through the early 1950's.

Anyway, the books and papers are tied in a neat bundle and I plan on either having them sent to the Lodge in Oklahoma City that my Dad belonged to or I plan on having them burned when I pass on. I would have disposed of them when he died but they represent a part of him to me so, I have held on to them.

Send them, or offer them anyway, to his lodge first and then the Oklahoma Grand lodge. It may be of some significance to someone there. If for some odd reason there are no taker there (hard to imagine) burn 'em. That's my advice.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Why burn them - are there no decendants?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Modoc ED wrote:Here's a question for you Masons.

If they were left where they could be seen, most likely, they are not secret. The only secret is the word and manner of recognizing a brother mason.

Your father may have left them specifically for you to read to learn about who he was and why he was so. They are part of your family history, and if you die never having the desire to be a mason, your grandchildren might. I would not burn them ever.

There are libraries of volumes of Masonic literature for all to read. If you are looking for reading material on morality and community living, you may have a bit of good material there.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Old Savage wrote:Why burn them - are there no decendants?
Sadly "Old Savage", I've thought about that and frankly, I don't think there are any decendants other than me that would give a darn about them.

I think, before I get too old and feeble, I'll send them off to the Grand Lodge in OK.

EDIT: Oh!! I'm sorry Mike. I forgot to congratulate you on your accomplishment. Well done.
Last edited by Modoc ED on Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ED
Yer never too old
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Mike,
Congrats from another of the "anyone else"s.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

Sixgun wrote:Mike,
That is a fine accomplishment. Well done. I have since changed my view of the Masons. After that last fiasco on the board, I got myself educated on the inner workings of this group. My nephew, a Mason, who's grandfather is the Master and oldest member of the Masons here in this county sat down with me and talked candidly for over an hour.

I no longer believe that Satanism is involved, except for maybe the Masters of the Masters of which they are in a group among themselves. Even on that, I am going on "heresay".
I believe the Mason's hearts and minds are in the right places. It all boils down to a group of guys who have high standards of living, and wish to keep it that way. (which we all should have) ----------------Sixgun
Sixgun, Thank You very much. From my original Mason thread a couple months ago I remember how you started off. Then came to understand what they are all about. Your congratulations mean a lot to me.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Jefferson county, WV.
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

Modoc Ed, don't burn them. If for some reason the Oklahoma Lodge(s) don't want them I'd be willing to pay you something for them. I'd hate to see old books and documents like that destroyed.

My maternal G'father was a Mason in Okla during that time frame. Heck, it's possible they knew each other.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Jefferson county, WV.
hornetguy
Levergunner

Post by hornetguy »

What's the highest ranking woman in the Masons?
"at that point, I had the right to remain silent... but I didn't have the ability" Ron White
Bluehawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bluehawk »

Congrats from an other BROTHER Welcome aboard
The right way is always the hardest. It's like the law of nature , water always takes the path of least resistence...... That's why we get crooked rivers and crooked men . TR Theodore the Great
Bluehawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bluehawk »

Hornet guy there are no waomen in the Masons there are some auxilary gruops but no women Masons
If there is a Lodge that has women they are not a recognized lodge and are not accepted . No secret there
The right way is always the hardest. It's like the law of nature , water always takes the path of least resistence...... That's why we get crooked rivers and crooked men . TR Theodore the Great
hornetguy
Levergunner

Post by hornetguy »

Oh....

I wonder why not?

I have never understood the reasoning behind the Masons. My son-in-law is one. He says they are Christians, and adhere to Christian principles, but are not really the same as a Christian church.

I don't get it.
"at that point, I had the right to remain silent... but I didn't have the ability" Ron White