Gunbroker .22 ammo gone begging

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Gunbroker .22 ammo gone begging

Post by jnyork »

Looked at .22LR ammo over at Gunbroker a few minutes ago, almost no buyers at all for mostly 9 cent ammo. Makes my heart surge with joy seeing all those hoarders and scalpers go begging. :lol:
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Gunbroker .22 ammo gone begging

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I hope they loose their buttinskies!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

good --- scoundrels . I'll be glad to break out my Single Six and Henry again and do some plinking as well :)
----- Doug
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Sweet music, maybe unobtanium CCI rimfire might magically reappear up here. I want to try some CCI Quiet 22LR.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

I always make a joke about the Hunt Brothers, who drove the price of silver to $55/oz. in the late '70s.
They have the only semis on the highway with Sterling silver wheels.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Canuck Bob wrote:Sweet music, maybe unobtanium CCI rimfire might magically reappear up here. I want to try some CCI Quiet 22LR.
You will really like the "Quiet 22". Combined with a suppressor, it is just awesome!

I don't have a problem with hoarders, per se, being one. :wink: I can't reload .22 rimfire, at least not easily (it is possible, just a royal PITA), and the prices have done nothing but go up since BHO took office. So I buy when I see a decent price - which has been about a coon's age. I'm not looking to resell any of it to make a profit, though I have given some to friends who were in need and couldn't get any at any price. I'm really glad to see the scalpers get what they deserve! :twisted:
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

buy low, then sell as the market goes up. you can't get stuck that way.

I'm doing that with various calibers that will dry up on the next panic.

If you don't stock commodities when they are plentiful, how can you complain when they are dear?

I do the same with beans and rice, flour and cereals. Don't you'all?
Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Warhawk »

I'm waiting for decent prices to come back, then I'll buy and put away 3-5000 rounds and probably never have to worry about 22 ammo again. (Not that I'm worried now with half a dozen bricks in the ammo closet).