Winchester 94 and 64 tube followers

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
308magtip
Levergunner 2.0

Winchester 94 and 64 tube followers

Post by 308magtip »

I have a 1930's Win Mod 64 in .32 spl cal.Has any one tried the Levereveloution ammo in them? been reading a notice about the magazine tube follower and the flextips giving a problem with last round in the tube feeding.If so who makes a replacement follower and is it compatible with flatnose and corelokt bullets??
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Winchester 94 and 64 tube followers

Post by Pete44ru »

IIRC, Marlin solved the LeverEvolution problem via supplying a follower with a central dent or hole in the face of the follower.

It should be easy enough to so alter an issue follower, w/o effecting non-flex tipped cartridge feeding.

EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by EdinCT »

I would load a cor lokt up the spout for the first one in and the Hornady's flex tip after. I haven't tried them myself because the Hornady flat points hammer the deer and Speer 170's shoot good and I know they will work too!
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

I asked around and some folks with 32s and 30-30s reported no problems with older Winchesters. I will someday try this bullet but doubt I'll alter the follower. I'd probably go with Speer 170s instead.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Try them out before you get excited about a different follower. My old 1910 era "Special" feeds them fine. Doesn't shoot them particularly great but feeds them fine. I hadn't even heard there might be a problem: ignorance is bliss?
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry