So, it spoke to me and it said. "DO IT!"

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bearhands
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bearhands »

None will recall, but in `08 I was flipping around the idea of retiring my `48 Model 94. I never did, I gave it to my oldest son for Christmas a few years later. (long story short), I missed it and knew I had to have another 30wcf rifle. After a few years of searching for the right one for me, (I wanted one with an end cap and a lever) and passing up some that I SHOULD have gotten, This summer I happened upon this Marlin 30AS that almost screamed at me! I thought, "How can I freakin' justify buying another gun with healthcare costs and other finances not necessarily in great order?!" Then it came to me. I have 2 sons and only one has Dad's levergun :o
LOL... So after bringing it to camp with my boys I told the younger one that "this one is gonna be yours". I KNOW I won't regret my "justification" ;) nor will I regret carrying it for as many more hunting seasons as I can! Thanks to all for the knowledge I have gained here! Needless to say I am thrilled with it. "1990 Marlin 30AS, meet the guys @ Leverguns!"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Re: So, it spoke to me and it said. "DO IT!"

Post by Barcelona Rick »

Nice rifle sir...I retired my '94 30 WCF a few years ago. It was my dad's 1948 manufacture. Turned it over to my brother. Kinda have a hankering for another...can't see worth a darn (open sights) anymore so I have been eyeing a Marling 336. Sold my 1894C to another Forum member a few years back...dumbest thing I ever did. Marlin would be easier for mounting a peep sight...don't deer hunt much anymore but it would be fun to have another lever. Take care...

rick
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Bearhands -- I bought one just like that three years ago, mine was a "GLENFIELD 30A (vintage 70's") in .30-WCF...it was the best Marlin that I have ever owned...sold it this year for slightly more than I paid for it and bought my Rossi 1892 in .357mag. You did good...your son will appreciate is as much as a Winchester 94... :)
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

That looks like one honest to goodness great rifle...Congratulations... :mrgreen:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

I've used the two son justification many time myself. It has never let me down yet! :roll:
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Nice Marlin .

If I don't have two sons , but have one son and one daughter . Can I use the same strategy for acquiring guns?
Bearhands
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bearhands »

Thanks gents, for the nice comments. It hasn't always been my luck to find something that is 90% of what I was looking for and priced SO right that there just wasn't a second thought.(Local gun shop taboot!)
Took it to the range yesterday with some of my reloads and was even more pleased with the results! Time to fine tune and get 'er ready for deer season. A low power scope will be welcomed in the near future as my ole eyes could use the help. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

BH
p.s. BenT, thats a PERFECT strategy!
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894 »

I've had that happen to me a couple of times now :)
Congrats on your new family heirloom :D
Phil