OT: Ted Nugent - Telling it like it is and should be.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

OT: Ted Nugent - Telling it like it is and should be.

Post by Blackhawk »

Seems like simple common sense to me. I agree with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_QjEL0uUgo

Here's another one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjFiHENN ... ed&search=
Last edited by Blackhawk on Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT: Ted Nugent - Telling it like it is and should be.

Post by WCF3030 »

Blackhawk wrote:Seems like simple common sense to me. I agree with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_QjEL0uUgo

Johnny
That's the problem he makes too much sense. I'd like to see the whole episode.
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Blackhawk »

Quote from Ted, "I'm Rosa Parks with a Glock & a Gibson." in an interview I was just listening to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpDK7RoR ... ed&search=
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Hes 100% right.....except for one thing...
The people who allow repeat offender out of jail
in the first place....should receive the same punishment
as the career criminals.
centershot
Levergunner 2.0
Location: Wandering in the abyss of progressive liberal Nu Yorkistan

Post by centershot »

Nuge for president!!
"All who wander are not lost."
J. R. R. Tolkien
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

A little Wango-Tango from the Motor City Madman does a body good.1886.
45Spades
Levergunner

Post by 45Spades »

Common sense makes no sense to people who have irrational beliefs and irrational thoughts and most of all irrational agendas.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Ted N. for president!!! :D
Mojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mojo »

Chuck 100 yd wrote:Ted N. for president!!! :D
If not of the U.S. at least of the NRA. Talk about grassroots!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

RIHMFIRE wrote:Hes 100% right.....except for one thing...
The people who allow repeat offender out of jail
in the first place....should receive the same punishment
as the career criminals.
RIHMFIRE -

That's the problem - liberals don't believe in "punishment" or locking up sick violent predators to protect innocent law-abiding citizens from them. Liberals believe in making excuses for everyone and everything (except if you are a white, Christian, hetersexual, conservative gun-owner, than they throw the book at you), and for "rehabilitation".

I don't care about the criminal's rights one wit. They elected to give up those rights when they started their life of crime. I say we execute the ones who murder, rape, or molest a child - no if, ands or buts. Most of the rest we stick in jail, where they work all day, every day, or they don't get fed. No sports, no libraries, no TV, no work-out rooms - just the blister-end of a shovel. :evil:
levers
Levergunner 2.0

Post by levers »

Nuge for president? I read an article a while back about him that said he dodged military service by putting on a crazy act and crapped and upset his pants for a week before reporting for his military physical. They deemed him unfit for service. Here's an excerpt....

[b][i]He claims that 30 days before his draft board physical, he stopped all forms of personal hygiene. The last 10 days, he ingested nothing but Vienna sausages and Pepsi; and a week before his physical, he stopped using bathrooms altogether, virtually living inside pants caked with his own excrement, stained by his urine. That spectacle won Nugent a deferment, he says. "... but if I would have gone over there, I'd have been killed, or I'd have killed, or I'd killed all the hippies in the foxholes...I would have killed everybody." - Detroit Free Press Magazine , July 15, 1990[/i][/b]

He was evidently quite proud of this for a while and spouted off about it in several interviews. I think he's trying to down play it now. I'd think he'd be quite ashamed of it.

No matter how much sense his comments might make now, I could never vote for someone who did something like this.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Hadn't heard that, and agree, I wouldn't vote for someone who pulled that stunt to get out of military service. Regardless though, his comments were spot on with regards to the natural, inherent right of a free person to defend themselves at any time with any weapon of their choice.

If we actually followed the spirit of our law, the answer would be simple. Free law-abiding citizens have the right (not allowed, not granted, but HAVE) to own and carry any weapon they choose. If someone breaks the law, then that act is punished. If it is with a deadly weapon, the punishment is more severe.

Heaven forbid though that a liberal actually punishes a violent criminal. After all, it has to be OUR fault for some reason... :evil:
jp
Levergunner

Post by jp »

I've never been able to take Nugent seriously, he refuses to listen to other idea's. With him it seems it's my way or not at all. Disagree with him on any topic, and you are too ignorant to live. I think the last straw for me was the concert where waved around an m-16 and told the liberals he had something for them. I'm about as conservitive as they come, but threats to AMERICAN liberals is plain wrong. We might not like their ideas, but thats what the ballot box is for.
Mojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mojo »

Thank God people don't dredge up stuff that I did in the 70's. People change. I know that I am about as far away from the person I was in the mid-1970's as a person can get and still be in this universe. How I managed to make it through without at least a police record is proof positive that there is a God and he watches out for idiots.

I'm not a Nugent head and I think his approach is a little over-the-top but what he says rings true. It's just how he says it that puts some people off but then again being hit in the face with truth usually does. Frankly, I'm happy that there is somebody out there making positive noise about the 2nd Amendment. Gun owners need all the help we can get right now and if it comes in the form of a draft dodging rock star turned 2nd Amendment loving sportsman, I'm all for it.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Mojo wrote:Thank God people don't dredge up stuff that I did in the 70's. People change. I know that I am about as far away from the person I was in the mid-1970's as a person can get and still be in this universe. How I managed to make it through without at least a police record is proof positive that there is a God and he watches out for idiots.
Hmmm, mid '70's I was 11 years old. Didn't get into too much trouble then! :wink:

Of course now, at 43, I'm thinking about changing my moniker from "Ysabel Kid" (pronounced "sable") to "Ysabel cranky-middle-aged-balding-fat-white-guy"!!! Truth in advertising!!!