Leverguns on the Horizon

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

Leverguns on the Horizon

Post by Griff »

After 30 days, I suppose that everyone that was interested in giving an answer had ample opportunity. And the most sought after leverguns are:

1892 Winchester (incl. copies)....................................................... 27% 14.6% [ 23 ]
Unknown, (or the, "I buy as the mood hits me" selection) ................ 29% 13.3% [ 21 ]
1873 Winchester (incl. copies)....................................................... 19% 12.1% [ 16 ]
1894 Winchester (incl. those under other labels, ie, Ted Williams, etc) 12% 6.3% [ 10 ]
Marlin 39 (inclusive of all variants)................................................. 12% 5.7% [ 9 ]
1886 Winchester (incl. copies)....................................................... 11% 5.7% [ 9 ]
1895 Winchester (incl. copies)....................................................... 11% 5.7% [ 9 ]
95 or 99 Savage.......................................................................... 11% 5.1% [ 8 ]
1894 Marlin................................................................................. 11% 5.1% [ 8 ]
Big Horn Armory 500S&W............................................................... 8% 3.8% [ 6 ]
1876 Winchester (incl. copies)......................................................... 6% 3.2% [ 5 ]
Ruger 9622................................................................................... 5% 2.5% [ 4 ]
1860 Henry................................................................................... 5% 2.5% [ 4 ]
1893 Marlin (and/or successors like the mdl 93, mdl 36 or 336)........... 5% 2.5% [ 4 ]
1895 Marlin (exclusive of the modern 1895 that's a mdl 336 derivative) 5% 2.5% [ 4 ]
Ruger 9644................................................................................... 4% 1.9% [ 3 ]
88 Winchester............................................................................... 4% 1.9% [ 3 ]
Spencer........................................................................................ 4% 1.9% [ 3 ]
Henry Big Boy................................................................................ 4% 1.9% [ 3 ]
Erma 22 (including the Henry 22 - a copy)......................................... 3% 1.3% [ 2 ]
1866 Winchester (incl. copies).......................................................... 2% 1.3% [ 2 ]
1889 Marlin................................................................................... 1% 1% [ 1 ]
1881 Marlin................................................................................... 0% 0% [ 0 ]
Volcanic........................................................................................ 0% 0% [ 0 ]
1887 Winchester (or 1901).............................................................. 0% 0% [ 0 ]
Maynard........................................................................................ 0% 0% [ 0 ]

Conclusion: I for one, can't draw one.. For if just 8 of those folks that answered "Unknown" were to decide on am 1873, it would displace the 1892 as the highest ranked "next purchase"! And if, all 21 of the chose to buy an 1866 or Henri .22, it would tie the 1892. That number didn't surprise me, but some of the others did! I really expected the Henri .22 to rank higher.

Well, actually, an obvious one would be that if you were planning to begin production of a Maynard clone, don't! :P :lol:

Note: The second column of percentages are of the total 157 responses between the two polls. (84+73)
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
BrentD

Re: Leverguns on the Horizon

Post by BrentD »

I don't remember what I put in that survey, but I know it wasn't an 1893 Marlin because I already had one. Yet that's what I bought two weeks ago. So, dreams and reality might not meet head on like you might expect.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Hmmmm

I for one might be up for any of them "PROVIDED" I can turn them for a quick PROFIT :wink:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

BrentD wrote:I don't remember what I put in that survey, but I know it wasn't an 1893 Marlin because I already had one. Yet that's what I bought two weeks ago. So, dreams and reality might not meet head on like you might expect.
If you go back and look at the polls (as long as you're logged in), there'll be an "X" by your choice.

Part I and Part II
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

The old toggle link still riding tall in the saddle 8)
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

casastahle wrote:The old toggle link still riding tall in the saddle 8)
Yep... Glad to see that.. :D
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
1894c

Post by 1894c »

GRIFF...THANK YOU FOR THE STATS...I re-discovered the M-1892, and after shooting a "copy" of it all summer I've concluded that I like it better than any other levergun (that includes a Marlin 1894/336, which for me is a huge shift)...a pistol cartridge levergun has always met my shooting needs, but the older design of the M-1892 has really ignited my interest. I want to get one more "1892 copy/clone", but I also want to get a Winchester 1892, like to try one in 38-40... :)
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

1892 wrote:GRIFF...THANK YOU FOR THE STATS...I re-discovered the M-1892, and after shooting a "copy" of it all summer I've concluded that I like it better than any other levergun (that includes a Marlin 1894/336, which for me is a huge shift)...a pistol cartridge levergun has always met my shooting needs, but the older design of the M-1892 has really ignited my interest. I want to get one more "1892 copy/clone", but I also want to get a Winchester 1892, like to try one in 38-40... :)
Been thinking the same 92.
I have all the casting & loading equipment now for the model 73 in 38wcf.
An old vintage model 92 (with tang sight :wink:) in 38wcf would be cool.
I had a B92 in .357 mag. It was okay. Just never really grew on me.
I'm just not a clone guy. I'll spend the little extra and get an original.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Buck Elliott wrote:
casastahle wrote:The old toggle link still riding tall in the saddle 8)
Yep... Glad to see that.. :D
+1
You and few others have convinced me that I need and want one :)
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I just heard that Henry is looking at putting out their Big Boy levergun in a blue steel receiver. That has just been moved on to my list. What I heard is that Henry is looking to release them in Summer of 2015. That is just what I heard, and I am not certain of it. I would want a Henry over a Rossi due to the Henry rifles that I have seen being much better quality.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

piller wrote:I just heard that Henry is looking at putting out their Big Boy levergun in a blue steel receiver. That has just been moved on to my list. What I heard is that Henry is looking to release them in Summer of 2015. That is just what I heard, and I am not certain of it. I would want a Henry over a Rossi due to the Henry rifles that I have seen being much better quality.
There are ALOT of folks that like them and I have sold a fair number of them .

But if I ever lay out the schekels for a Henry it darn sure better be an original one that shoots 44 rimfire !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !