IN DNR suggests donating dear meat to hungry

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

IN DNR suggests donating dear meat to hungry

Post by J Miller »

I just saw this article in the front page news of my ISP home page:
{ http://wthitv.com/2014/09/16/dnr-urges- ... to-hungry/ }
As good as this is, I have another idea.

For those that are physically and mentally able to hunt, give them a special hunting license and loan / rent them a rifle, and let them go get their own deer. Teach them some skill that might foster some self reliance and respect.

JMHO

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: IN DNR suggests donating dear meat to hungry

Post by AJMD429 »

Some place here in Indiana threw out thousands of pounds of venison a year or so ago, and I think it was some 'anti-discrimination' thing or other where they said it was wrong to give them venison, but they should have store-bought beef or something instead.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

One of my favorite Rabbis, Rabbi Mermelstein (of Peterson's Handguns) is a very Conservative (he might even be Orthodox) Jew, and, as such is not "allowed" by Kosher Rules to eat wild game. (Tradition holds that only Esau was proficient enough with the Bow to kill Game with a Kosher Carotid Blade Slice) Anyway, he was/is a HUGE advocate for Hunting AND donating the meat to the needy.

It's only the Liberals/.gov/FDA/etc that gripes about lemonade stands and giving meat to poor people...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
jcw
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jcw »

Whenever I'm fortunate enough to get game, I give a little bit to a couple of elderly guys that can't get out anymore. At least they can still get out on the boat for a bit of crab and fish. I like hanging out with crusty old guys. Both pushing 90.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

I took some deer meat to a homeless shelter in our community and the ladies cooking for the shelter seemed pretty TICKED at my generosity. Needless to say I have found other avenues to share my generosity.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

http://www.sportsmenagainsthunger.org/

My first deer every year goes to them.......if you goggle 'hunter for the hungry' your state name you will probably turn up an organization (and a group offended by their deeds).
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Not my grandfather, but we all call him Gramps.
At 93 we still hang out together, untill he gets too bitchy.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

jcw wrote:Whenever I'm fortunate enough to get game, I give a little bit to a couple of elderly guys that can't get out anymore. At least they can still get out on the boat for a bit of crab and fish. I like hanging out with crusty old guys. Both pushing 90.
+1

Good on you. It sucks to think all their experience and wisdom wil be gone way to soon.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
wolfdog
Levergunner 3.0

Post by wolfdog »

I have a couple of elderly friends who make out well when I have a good year in the woods.