Buck Fever Videos...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Buck Fever Videos...

Post by cshold »

1894c

Re: Buck Fever Videos...

Post by 1894c »

those are GREAT...love the phrases "nimrod"..."boon companions"...everybody was dressed the same... :)
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

When I started hunting with my Dad, Uncles, and cousins in the mid 70s we were maybe.......just maybe ......... a generation removed from this. Still used the wall tents and mil surp wool pants. The stove was made out of a pair of 55 gallon drums, & staying warm and dry was as big a challenge as actually bagging a deer.

Those brought back a lot of good memories. More comforts now but I'm not sure it is a better experience.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

wm wrote:When I started hunting with my Dad, Uncles, and cousins in the mid 70s we were maybe.......just maybe ......... a generation removed from this. Still used the wall tents and mil surp wool pants. The stove was made out of a pair of 55 gallon drums, & staying warm and dry was as big a challenge as actually bagging a deer.

Those brought back a lot of good memories. More comforts now but I'm not sure it is a better experience.
+1 8)
geobru
Levergunner 3.0

Post by geobru »

Watching those videos reminds me that things have really changed. Here in Washington, hunters are advised NOT to carry carcasses in a visible manner when transporting game. When I was a kid, most hunters displayed their kills on their vehicles. I lived in Minnesota in 2002-3 and was surprised when the Duluth TV news anchors were openly talking about the opening of hunting season the following weekend. It was quite refreshing that they didn't have to worry about the sensitivities of the down town yuppies!