Got a lever gun.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
samb
Levergunner 3.0

Got a lever gun.

Post by samb »

Local LEO called they had recovered my Rossi 45 LC. Went down and retrieved it. It has quite a few bumps and dents and the front sight was missing, swung by my favorite small gun shop on the way home and Chuck, quickly put a new front sight on. Metal was in good shape. After the B&E I did not replace many of the firearms, just lost heart. Thus I am a lever gunner again.
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Got a lever gun.

Post by walks with gun »

Congrats, hope it's the first step in recovering. I hope the trash who robbed you get neutered, so they don't breed more like them.
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

Glad you got your gun back, so very few do.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I'm glad you got it back, too - IMO, it'd be interesting to know how LE got ahold of it.

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Good news....I'm glad they recovered it. With luck, perhaps that will lead to recovery of some more.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Sorry to hear about your victimization. The escalating crime is seemingly never ending. Everyone I know has been the victim of petty crime or worse.

Glad to hear your spirits were boosted!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Congrats on getting a piece of your collection back. That's really beating the odds! I got one of my stolen guns back... a Ruger Blackhawk... and it too was trashed. Elated at getting it back... but really depressed about the beating it took.

Glad yours was fixable. Mine looked like it'd been drug along the asphalt behind a speeding car... I wanted so badly to pistol-whip the culprit... :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

When you get a stolen gun back and it is in bad condition, does insurance pay for the damage? If you had already been compensated for it, do you have to return the entire amount? I'm curious about this because I worry about a custom target rifle being stolen and ruined.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

BrentD , Good question! I would be interested to know also.
My dad got his stolen 700 Remington 7mm Mag. back after a couple years of being gone. It was found in a pawn shop 50 miles away. Not damaged (much) the pawn dealer took the loss on that one.
samb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by samb »

My insurance agent paid 90 cents on the dollar for new replacement prices. She said if you want the firearm back when it is recovered just refund the original pay out amount. I basically said call me if you recover any of them and I will decide item by item. I will call her and discuss the damage tomorrow. They recovered two others one was a double that had been chopped down and was now illegal. The other was a 50th Anniversary Ruger flat top 44 Mag which was in good shape.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

My Ruger was recovered some 10 years after the insurance paid for the loss... When I told my agent about the recovery, he said, forget-about-it! I did the smart thing... traded it off for a Marlin 336 in .30-30! Which I later gave to my Dad... And was subsequently stolen or given away... don't know which.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
samb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by samb »

Griff I am switching insurance companies! :D
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

samb wrote:Griff I am switching insurance companies! :D
It all depends on your state insurance laws and your adjusters attitude.

The right thing to do is report the recovery, but when I did I would also have an estimate to repair any and all damage done to the recovered firearm. It may be cheaper for insurance to let you keep your original settlement.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle