32/20 brass available at Midway

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

32/20 brass available at Midway

Post by earlmck »

On another thread I mentioned being short of 32/20 brass. Fellow levergunner pwl44m posted about a nice batch for sale on "gunbroker", $250 for 500 rounds in boxes of 50 (thanks, Perry).

But I had already found that Midway has the Winchester primed brass at $16 per bag of 50 and had ordered enough to bring my stock up to par.

For those of you needing 32/20 brass, you might want to jump on this Midway stock while it is available...

And while on the subject of brass: why is it that primed brass, when you can find it, is almost always the same price as the unprimed? I'm certainly not one to object about a manufacturer putting their primer and not charging extra for it. Anyway, it may not always be the case but it sure is here for the Win brass (Midway shows the "unprimed Winchester" for the same price as the primed, but the unprimed is "unavailable"). And last year I ordered the PRVI Partizan brass in 303 Savage as primed brass. It seemed like fine stuff and got my old 303 Savage to shooting in a most affordable manner. So I ordered a second bag. Same price as the first bag but this time it was unprimed.

So be warned: if you order this 32/20 brass from Midway you have to be willing to accept the danged Winchester primers stuffed into those nice new primer pockets.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 32/20 brass available at Midway

Post by BenT »

Winchester must of just did a run, because the local gunshop has it in stock now
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

No Has Mat fee for the unprimed brass.
No Has Mat fee on loaded cartridges either but I think there is on primed brass.
Straighten me out if i`m wrong. :?
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

With some brass manufacturers, the operations of making the primer hole and seating the primer are done on the same piece of equipment so it is actually sort of a waste of time to do only one operation one a two operation machine. Now as to why they don't charge the appropriate extra amount reflecting the cost of the primer, I have no answer.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Chuck 100 yd wrote:No Has Mat fee for the unprimed brass.
No Has Mat fee on loaded cartridges either but I think there is on primed brass.
Straighten me out if i`m wrong. :?
Yes, you are wrong. They charge just the regular shipping fee.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I have never bought primed brass. I like to supply the primer listed in the load data . Another goofy law. If you order just a box of primers they charge the Has Mat fee. Thanks law makers. The last box of .32-20 brass I bought (500 star-line from Midway)was un primed.